Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the first steps towards wfp

Gasket

Hi guys

I'm getting more and more conservatories and sfg to do. Currently I do all my window cleaning traditionally, but I'm considering getting a small system , (car transportable ) to do the add on work that I get. I have very limited knowledge of wfp, back pack trolleys, poles and brush heads, so you experience is greatly appreciated

What would u guys recommend

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Backpack and at least a 22ft pole, I'd personally go for a 27ft, for cleaning apex's. Also avoid fibreglass, go either carbon fibre or a hybrid. As for brushes I just use the one that came with my pole. No real need to worry about pure for fsg jobs and polycarb roofs, however if you do a lot of glass roofs I'd recommend it. Also a good idea would be chems. Either ubik 2000, virosol or screwfix no nonsense degreaser. Spray a bit on brush, scrub and rinse for fsg and spray direct to roof, leave 10 Mins scrub and rinse for polycarb Conny's or use flash for glass ones. Looking at 25-100l of water depending on job size

Cheers clisty,Would you go for trolley or back pack just looking at a few on window cleaning warehouse
I use a backpack and i use it for everything with no issues, its a lit cheaper too. I got a 27ft hybrid pole, backpack and 4 containers for £300

Sorry to keep asking away, is there any brands you would go for, or more importantly stay away from, and where do u find best to purchase from

Gardiners pole systems is the best place and the customer service is spot on

if you only want it to do a few gutter facias & pvc cleans you can always get a long hose reel, and add a hozelock fitting to your new pole and just use the customers outside tap if they have one , if cash is a bit tight you can try this way, or get gardiners back pacy & 25 or 27 pole & your brush added in the price

I have the gardeners backpack can't fault it, works great, get a slx22 and a extension will reach just all your domestic work only time I have used the extension on my slx22 is to do some velux windows on a town house.

you will no doubt think this is all too easy for this money, you will prob start to clean the awkward windows above the connys, this is your next venture, starting to use pure water from home you will need to clean the windows. Get a Sill brush with your pole choice, The brush & all fittings come priced with any pole you choose from Gardiners website.

Any questions to this company you can usually ask him on this Forum, Just put FAO Alex gardiner, Give him your queery and he will advise you with all the gear and advice you will need to get you up & running to get these jobs done proffesionally without LADDERS.

As with all your Gear you will learn to price all your items from all the different suppliers, all prices vary some even offer free delivery on small items, some will charge you for delivery, its all upto you which company you buy off, they usually sell the same items but with there stickers put on them. Unless you have been advised on here to use certain fittings on your set-up which have been tested for quality by the people in the KNOW, People on here with the experience , through trial & error.

Best thing I did was change to wfp in late June....at the time when I first started I thought it was slower and a lot of faff and I was scared customers wouldn't like it......I did half the round to see how it went and not one complaint but I still found it slower than trad.....done the whole round now and am 4 months into it and am loving it now I have sorted out a routine......I'm a lot faster now than trad and the best thing is I can see one or two ways to make it faster just a matter of implementation.

I bought the 50 litre PF package with carbon pole and am happy with it. One of the things I reckon will make it faster is a hose reel and I'm looking for a reel to hook onto my trolley.....hose management is half the battle and my motto still is " if it can find something to snag on it will "

are you doing van set-up or just using backpack. if getting from gardiners make sure the backpack connextion fits your pole hose connextion. vital to use togeather, Male & Female connextions usually.

Back