Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

How often do you change rubbers

Belfastcleaning

How often do y'all change your rubbers? I love the first day with a new rubber! I would use the 42" ers, cut down for my 14" blade.. Would use for a week, trim ends and flip for a week then change..

Would hang onto the old rubbers and trim down for smaller blades..

What about you?

Only change when I notice lines or streaks that cant be wiped out on a cloth(as in something could of got stuck to rubber but wipe it and its fines, if not then change rubber)

Only change when I notice lines or streaks that cant be wiped out on a cloth(as in something could of got stuck to rubber but wipe it and its fines, if not then change rubber)

the same as above i am mostly wfp so the rubbers last me ages

Exactly the same. Don't change till have to then do as Belfast does. Save em & fit them to smaller squeegee. It's usually the ends that go first.

Well because I'm still starting out really I'm doing lots of really grubby first cleans and rubbers I'm using for those don't last more than couple of days but probably would if I was more careful as it's only bits of grit and stuff causing it, I change back to a good one for repeats and they're lasting a couple of weeks. I suppose when I get more jobs that'll drop to a week or less because I think I'm a bit heavy handed.

And I'm saving em to cut down for my 9 or 6 inch as well.

i change mine only when its needed, if it has a nick that causes lines or the ends have rounded. with general use il usually only have to flip it round after a month, so 1 rubber would last me about 2months aswell.

• 1 month later...

when it nakered

When I start seeing the water lines, thats when I change. A new rubber blade should last a month though, then flip over for a bit more life. the SPC rubber is spot on!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.