Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which brush for a diy'er

hando

Hi folks

Been lurking for a while now so thought I'd register.

I been cleaning my own windows for a few months now, diy pole and trolly with pump, ect...tbh I enjoy it !

Have a porch and conservatory so wfp was the only way.

One thing that's cooking my noodle is which brush , Gardiners's seem the choice of many but for a twice a month home clean seem a tad expensive.

I'm not saying they're expensive for a pro like you good-selves but for a diy'er £40 inc postage a bit of a killer.

So has anybody got a suggestion for an alternative or want to shift a used but one careful lady owner brush ?

Thanks in advance

Hando

Thing is get a Gardiners and it will outlast you if you're using twice monthly.

Build quality and weight even if using just twice a month will make the difference.

The dough you"re saving DIY you shouldn't grumble at a poxy £40.

Though a diy one will work, a pro brush will be a dream to use by comparison. And as Green Pro says, your saving yourself a good few bob doing it yourself so I'd say treat yourself. I doubt you'll regret it. I'd recommend a medium mixed bristled brush or medium soft if you have leaded windows. Supalite or Ultimate.

if you are up to a bit of diy hando then the brush jimmy boots has shown is a good choice,back in the day these brushes were the bees kness and still are if i'm honest,bentleys being the best ones,problem is nowadays most window cleaners just buy a brush they have used before and have had no real experience of other brands or making a brush for themselves so poo poo anything that seems out of the norm,back in the old days that was the only choice we had,either that or a vikan brush so this option was a lighter way to go and gave the same scrubbing/cleaning power-i still use my ten year old bentley brush to date on a few jobs-its not all gardiners or x-line yknow

Thanks lads for the replies , much appreciated.

The tattood one, that's very kind offer and I'd be glad to pay the postage !

Jimmy and Kevin , I love a bit of diy, built my own pump set up and so on , tbh I enjoy the build as much as the finished article !

Marko and Green , I hear what your saying and I know I'll end up biting the bullet and getting a Gardiner brush in the end.

I've even started harvesting my rain water , bit the over the top for my usage,but hey ho , love a new project, my tap water is 288, rain water 008 .....small di resign filter and boom I'm away.....

Again , thanks for the replies

Hando

D.I. y ones work ok

I made a few out of asda, tesco floor brushes etc for a few quid.

I used them for a few months when starting out and they do work.

But to be honest if your using them twice a month and will be for years to come just but a gardiners medium mixed sill brush and have done with it. It should last you years cleaning your gutters conny car windows etc

In the early days we used to convert Bentley floor brushes but the results weren't always good, especially cleaning salt sea spray off windows in the winter. They were never designed as a wfp brush and hence the reason why we now buy a brush designed for window cleaning.

Nowadays I prefer a medium/soft Gardiner Ultimate brush as a general good all rounder.

Latest Posts

Back