Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing with sprayer/low pressure fan?

Ben23

Good morning all.

Im in a position were Ive now done enough pressure cleaning to realise that its not always the best answer with either just water or hypo (plant life collatoral damage etc) so im looking to start soft washing in a manner of speaking.

Im particularly interested in the benz products, however I was wondering if it would be practical to use these chems through a sprayer then rinse with the black wide fan on my pressure washer. The idea is to use a softer approach on dodgy mortar and tarmac etc and then book the custy in to simply have biocide reapplied a few months later to keep them as repeats.

Are the biocide results boasted on the benz site really accurate? also does blackwash have the same damaging properties as hypo when in contact with lawns/wanted plant life?

a lot of newbie questions im afraid but would like to get this kind of thing on my list of services and reduce the potential for damage from pressure washing alone

Thanks

Ben

I believe it is 10% hypo so the concentration will be whatever you dilute it to with water

Good morning all.
Im in a position were Ive now done enough pressure cleaning to realise that its not always the best answer with either just water or hypo (plant life collatoral damage etc) so im looking to start soft washing in a manner of speaking.

Im particularly interested in the benz products, however I was wondering if it would be practical to use these chems through a sprayer then rinse with the black wide fan on my pressure washer. The idea is to use a softer approach on dodgy mortar and tarmac etc and then book the custy in to simply have biocide reapplied a few months later to keep them as repeats.

Are the biocide results boasted on the benz site really accurate? also does blackwash have the same damaging properties as hypo when in contact with lawns/wanted plant life?

a lot of newbie questions im afraid but would like to get this kind of thing on my list of services and reduce the potential for damage from pressure washing alone

Thanks

Ben
Hi Ben,

Yes Blackwash is damaging if it comes into contact with plants/grass but the concentration of hypo is so weak that saturating area before and after does the job.

R.E. dodgy mortar etc - really you need to use a soft brush - wfp type - for thorough cleaning and gentle low pressure spraying alone isn't always enough.

I haven't tried biocide yet but will do only for the claimed long term residual effect and see what happens. But for immediate results it's got to be Blackwash or hypo mix.

Back