Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad luck

P

Paul

Well my luck just gets worse I don't know another person who has bad luck like me, this happened in about 2 hours, bearings started to go on my van, then the breaks started to grind slightly, then my exhaust snapped and to top it all of the gear box has decided to call it a day.

Looks like my van is getting sSwear word!ped so on the hunt for a new one today.

I think I have as much bad luck as you

A couple weeks ago, one of two ladder clamps decided to come off a thread so it wouldnt twist anymore, then, when I serviced my car, the starter motor went, had to get a second hand one from sSwear word!, then in the same week got bit by a dog lol.

Bad luck is the story of my life, if I told you my bad luck over the past 2 years you would be shocked.

i know how u feel fella mine was on its last legs when i let it go the back door handle fell off 2 days before i got rid lol

my luck aint great but sound like you had a ***ht mere

worst part is we need the vans to get to jobs ect stress aint the word lol

Stress god now I'm looking fir a van I can't find one it's doing my head in I've got lots of work I need to get on with, gutters connys and my regulars

Thats why i dont like ot buy old vans. Rather buy a decent van that will last me for a good 4,5 years without problems /emoticons/sad.png

Paul what van u looking at?

And how much u spending ? u can pick up a decent van for around 2-3k /emoticons/smile.png

H I couldn't afford a new van when I first set up so I didn't have that option.

Tell me about it mark /emoticons/sad.png but just got to get on with it on the upside my round is picking up well

Thats why i dont like ot buy old vans. Rather buy a decent van that will last me for a good 4,5 years without problems /emoticons/sad.png

Paul what van u looking at?

And how much u spending ? u can pick up a decent van for around 2-3k /emoticons/smile.png
How many vans you had then big h?

To be honest you can spend 3 grand on a van & it can still break down. You can spend £500 on a van & it could go on forever. Just how yer luck is. One reason why I don't spend money on sign writing.

My first van /emoticons/biggrin.png

But u got to check the van over good make sure u take a mechanic you know with you who knows his stuff.

Also when a van has had 1 owner and service hsitory and overall the van is neat and the engine is spotless then you know your not buying a sour lemon

Some people dont have much money to buy vans when they start up i understand.... but if you do have the money i recommend getting a better van becasue it will save you more money in the long term run /emoticons/smile.png instead of spending money on getting it fixed all the time. It can be a right headache at times.

But u got to check the van over good make sure u take a mechanic you know with you who knows his stuff.

Also when a van has had 1 owner and service hsitory and overall the van is neat and the engine is spotless then you know your not buying a sour lemon

Some people dont have much money to buy vans when they start up i understand.... but if you do have the money i recommend getting a better van becasue it will save you more money in the long term run /emoticons/smile.png instead of spending money on getting it fixed all the time. It can be a right headache at times.
Cheers H I've only been buying vans and cars for 13 years so it's nice to hear from a old pro like you lmao, by the way H how many have you actually bought lol /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah ive only been buying cars and vans for 25 years so pretty inexperianced nice to here someone with s bit of knowledge cheers big H lol

Cheers H I've only been buying vans and cars for 13 years so it's nice to hear from a old pro like you lmao, by the way H how many have you actually bought lol /emoticons/smile.png
Lol ive only ever bought a Punto (my first car) im only 21 /emoticons/smile.png but i know if a motor is going to be dodgy or not.

I never go near a van that has had over 3 owners in the space of 5 years. Not worth the risk. When you have a few grand to spend just look for a van with 1 owner. that way you know its been well looked after by that 1 person since day 1.

Service history is a bonus /emoticons/smile.png But a load of people are now making fake ones that look 100% genuine

Most cars/vans have their mileage put down when people sell them to increase the value of the car which you got to look out for /emoticons/smile.png

Just got to be carefull /emoticons/smile.png

i think you should stay out of this thread harunh there are a few of us who have been driving longer than you have lived how long you been driving 1 month or so lol

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck!

My front pads been grinding for a few weeks, hand break jammed, got it released, so it dosent work at all now and have a slow puncture too... Mot in 2 months time.

There are dealerships that have new/used vans 2011/12 with only 100 / 1000 miles and you'd get a real good van for around £10k also you could take finance, have warranty etc

Ive found a little van picking up in the morning, 2001 dispatch 12month MOT 6 month tax £1100 2 owners 70,000 miles so I can now afford a van mount aswell /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeh I found my berlingo very packed in the back and was getting annoyed everytime I had to climb in to get something, I want a vivaro next year they got to be the best looking vans IMO but above my price range at the min

Yeh I found my berlingo very packed in the back and was getting annoyed everytime I had to climb in to get something, I want a vivaro next year they got to be the best looking vans IMO but above my price range at the min
as you might know thats what i have they are a nice van and they fly they like driving a sports car of the van world

Back