Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

'Your brush messed up my leadins' WTF?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Anyone had this? Had a custy on the phone earlier to book in his second clean and he told me this. I explained that sometimes the leadins come loose over time but my brush wouldn't have damaged them or made them come loose. Told him that the brush is designed for window cleaning and the bristles are super soft.

Normally if this happens and they unwind and stick out, I get up on the ladders and put them back. But I didn't see anything on the first clean

Never had it happen with new leaded windows but I have with old weathered ones. Once the weather starts to lift it, especially where it overlaps the bristles can get under it and it's surprising the strength in those bristles when you're pressing down on that brush. If you know you have some older ones I'd use a flocked brush and go easy.

That stuck on lead comes off easy with the pole, I've done it to at least half a dozen windows. you can usually just stick it back in place with the brush head so no one knows. just go steady on leaded

I've had 3 jobs this month that the lead has lifted and there all caused by my brush, but I'll never admit that /emoticons/wink.png

Have a house like this and the ***** insists I go easy as she can't get the lead to match the colour of lead that's on the windows ffs. I literally just about touch the glass with the brush now

I've had a few over the years that have put lead on their own windows DIY. I've found that this comes off a lot easier as is doesn't go under the seal at the side of the windows like the factory produced ones do and that's where the brushes catch on them.

It happens for sure. This custy teared into me a bit though which wasn't cool. It was his first clean and he said the last windy used to do them by hand...well stuff that. I use Pure and its much mire effective on leadins /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back