Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carlwindy

Constructor brush....

HALTON
I rinse on the glass most of the time. I only rinse off if the job demands it. But with my flow controller set to 80% it's almost as quick.

How do you rise on the glass maybe this is why i am not as quick as you guys

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Marko067

If the job is a fairly regular one which most of mine are (4 weekly), then there are seldom visible bits of dirt left after the first scrub over the glass. If this is the case then on the second pass I stop the scrubbing action and just move the brush back and forth across the window and allow a little more water to rinse down the glass. I just don't lift the brush off. I also have my flow rate set high, about 80%. In practice I use less water because I accomplish the job much quicker than when it's set low.

It takes time and practice to achieve, but I f your work allows you to do this it dramatically reduces strain to your arms especially on high work.

A word of caution though. If you have a particularly bad job to do, say a mingin first clean for example, then you will probably have to rinse off the glass for a few windows to allow for all the bits to flush out of your brush before you can rinse on the glass again

CHWS
Ordered . hopefully get all my work done by Xmas now

Ever get the brush mate?

Mwwindowcleaning
Ever get the brush mate?

Yeah sorry for the late reply. I did get it yeah, awesome bit of kit. Obviously it could always need improving but it definitely saves me time and water.

CHWS
Yeah sorry for the late reply. I did get it yeah, awesome bit of kit. Obviously it could always need improving but it definitely saves me time and water.

What brush did you go from to using it? And is it better than any of your other brushes

Mwwindowcleaning
What brush did you go from to using it? And is it better than any of your other brushes

Medium mixed extreme from gardiner which was amazing. So lite , like a toothbrush .

The costructor brush is the best and fastest brush I have ever used. I'd go as far as to say it's the best investment I have made work related thus far. The only drawback I find is if you want the softer bristles which is what I prefer you can only get them on the swift brush but as I found the bristles are shorter and didn't fill me with confidence when cleaning Georgian windows(little squares. So I opted for the original bristles but these are more like a stiff bristle brush. Either way the brush saves time and water so it's a no brainer to invest in it.

noddy
Medium mixed extreme from gardiner which was amazing. So lite , like a toothbrush .

The costructor brush is the best and fastest brush I have ever used. I'd go as far as to say it's the best investment I have made work related thus far. The only drawback I find is if you want the softer bristles which is what I prefer you can only get them on the swift brush but as I found the bristles are shorter and didn't fill me with confidence when cleaning Georgian windows(little squares. So I opted for the original bristles but these are more like a stiff bristle brush. Either way the brush saves time and water so it's a no brainer to invest in it.

how heavy is it compared to the extreme

CHWS

Where did you order it from and how much was it

Mwwindowcleaning
how heavy is it compared to the extreme

It is heavier , but u 1. Get used to it . 2 you don't have to lift of the glass so doesn't really matter too much. I'm used to it now.

Mwwindowcleaning

I will say this. Wait till early march when they bring out the new rinse bar , the canons have been known to break quite easily. Or buy a cannon upgrade set and use the blue ones like I do. They're the smallest ones.

Bucko Jr
I will say this. Wait till early march when they bring out the new rinse bar , the canons have been known to break quite easily. Or buy a cannon upgrade set and use the blue ones like I do. They're the smallest ones.

I will wait out then

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mwwindowcleaning

sorry for late reply, didn't see your message . did you end up buying one in the end?  I ordered the original as the bristles are more suited to british windows and frames   the swift was nice on the windows but couldn't get in the deep gaps on some frames .

but the upstroke is meant to be good also

hope this helps

Cactus27
On 11/17/2016 at 15:01, noddy said:

ive never seen any good review about this brush apart from the peole that's connected with it

i am not connected with reach it. got the beast 12" last year and loved it/hated it for awhile. after getting used to it and customizing it including upgrade to hydroblade i love it. now i have 3 12 inch and a brand new 16 inch.

depending on the window and your technique rinsing is either unnecessary or lightning fast. 

Mwwindowcleaning
9 minutes ago, Cactus27 said:

i am not connected with reach it. got the beast 12" last year and loved it/hated it for awhile. after getting used to it and customizing it including upgrade to hydroblade i love it. now i have 3 12 inch and a brand new 16 inch.

depending on the window and your technique rinsing is either unnecessary or lightning fast. 

is the beast good on leads? is it durable ? what technique do u use? I go along the top frame once or twice then frames once  and then just start from bottom of each window up and then down across bottom and up then down etc: always finish on the downward stroke.  only on massive panes will I give it a final rinse with the fanning method just to be sure .  whats your method for new cleans? I think I over rinse them.

Dave B
50 minutes ago, Cactus27 said:

Rinsing is the same with the gardiners extreme brush

I have it on a swivel and rarely have to actually rinse just go down the glass side to side with the swivel

Cactus27
On 8/24/2017 at 09:02, Mwwindowcleaning said:

is the beast good on leads? is it durable ? what technique do u use? I go along the top frame once or twice then frames once  and then just start from bottom of each window up and then down across bottom and up then down etc: always finish on the downward stroke.  only on massive panes will I give it a final rinse with the fanning method just to be sure .  whats your method for new cleans? I think I over rinse them.

beast end bristles wear fairly quickly but are cheap, i currently have some white spline and some green spline in the end caps.

i am in central canada, most homes are done 1 maybe 2 times per year so all are pretty dirty. also i almost always wash the frames which are dirty and often oxidized so i always over wash and rinse the top going sideways and vertical scrubs before washing main area of glass. after a good scrub i am finished if vertical as rinse follows brush sometimes i will fan to finish.

sometimes when working on low windows i find it more effecient to off glass rinse because of the working angle here the hydroblade completely destroys pencil jets on hydrophobic glass.

sometimes the beast bristles will get tangled but they can be combed out quite easily.

we have virtually know leaded windows here but do have georgian style aka french panes/cutups/true divided lights although not many but my favourite so far for them is an unger car wash brush (flocked) with a bistle spray bar and side to side fitted.

Cactus27
On 8/24/2017 at 09:40, Dave B said:

Rinsing is the same with the gardiners extreme brush

I have it on a swivel and rarely have to actually rinse just go down the glass side to side with the swivel

it is possible to rinse on glass with a monofilament brush when but the glass is dirty i find the constructor rinse is definitely more dependable and faster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.