Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning conservatory roof panels

Might seem like a silly question but what is the best way to clean roof panels??

I only ask because the last couple I have done haven't been completely perfect. After a rinse there was still a film on the panel.

My normal way to clean is to rinse and scrub 3 or 4 panels at a time then going back to give a second scrub before rinsing with 0ppm RO water.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

With polycarb roofs I wet it, then cover in loads of screwfix no nonsense degreaser at 20:1 mix leave 5 mins, scrub then rinse, then go over any missed bits with the brush, no pure needed. With glass I do the same but with flash and fairy, and do a final rinse with pure. Do 3-4 panels at a time, take 10 mins s panel including end caps and an extra 15mins if there's a fancy finial. The most important thing is to leave it to work or its not gonna do as well. I tend to have either a smoke or brew break while it works its magic.

Metal roof panels are always the best..

Since you have not mentioned the type of roof panel it seems to be a bit difficult.But most roofs would be metal roof panels so its not that easy to clean them.First to make the roof panel last a long time we need to maintain it periodically or else the chances of corrosion would be high.In that case you need to follow some tips for its longevity and while maintaining such panels you would have to avoid using abrasive cleansers and other agents.You must take care while doing this kind of work and extra care should be taken else the painted surface may get damaged.Chalking is another factor that must be taken care of by using a soft cloth or a sponge.A mild cleanser solution is enough and rinse gently. (link removed by admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal roof panels are always the best..
Since you have not mentioned the type of roof panel it seems to be a bit difficult.But most roofs would be metal roof panels so its not that easy to clean them.First to make the roof panel last a long time we need to maintain it periodically or else the chances of corrosion would be high.In that case you need to follow some tips for its longevity and while maintaining such panels you would have to avoid using abrasive cleansers and other agents.You must take care while doing this kind of work and extra care should be taken else the painted surface may get damaged.Chalking is another factor that must be taken care of by using a soft cloth or a sponge.A mild cleanser solution is enough and rinse gently. (link removed by admin)
Think he may be talking about conservatory roofs mate

Latest Posts

Back