Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To the Facebook haters

A

abs

Heard a lot recently on here about don't bother with facebook its useless for advertising

Well today from 1 simple post into a selling site in my area I've picked up about £100 a month and that's all free and once cleaned and I'm thanked online for excellent work and the odd folk saying what a lovely guy I am I'll probly get another £100 ,daft not to have a fb if you ask me

I loathe facebook as I don't want to know what someone had for dinner today or see another pic of someones "cute" kid..only wrong uns would want to look at others kids all day

However it is very effective for me for getting work

I never look at my news feed just any alerts from my posts

I upload all my pics to fb most are private but it's free storage of my familys pictures, fb is mind knumbimg and full of idiots but the selling sites are a excellent way of reaching customers

I actually run paid campigns on FB as I found with the selling groups most people want for free or as near as.

I started another ad campaign on Thursday which is running for the week.

So far:

2 x £15 Monthlies

1 × £18 Monthly

1 x £60 Monthly

1 x £35 one off

1 x £22 bi-monthly

1 x £180 Gutter

And that's with 5 days to run still.

Facebook is a massivley powerful tool when used properly and I love it.

I got so sick of all the B.S. from the likes of my brothers missus. 'Oh thank god it's friday, I can allow myself a glass of wine' and the such. Honestly who the flip cares?

I block anyone including family that posts irrelevant **** that I am forced to see.

The ones I want to take a baseball bat to are the ones that seem to think you must share their miserable posts as this will show who their true friends are.

Being famous on facebook is the same as being rich in Monopoly!

Funny enough I did promote my page for 24 hr but I didn't get any replays at all, not like I get from the selling sites, don't get .e wrong sometimes even on the selling sites I get nothing ,I'll certainly be trying the promote thing again soon though

i use fb but only to brouse throu new things tools ect never addvertised on there but im fully booked anyway takes me 8 weeks to do my round lol .it is very different to a forum more layed back i find it quiet funny watching all the window cleaners trying to be a celebrity puting up pointless vids of them sat in a van talking about crxxxxap

@Green Pro Clean Ltd when you ran the campaigns how specific to location were the houses you got?

Noticed I can use a map on fb campaigns to target a certain area,and it's only really one or two towns I want to compact into mainly now.

Also how much did you pay daily and for how long,so I know what's enough to make an impact

I spent over £100 this year on paid fb ads and only landed a few jobs. fb item for sale groups are full of people who want something for nothing. i can post an advert up get someone say im interested then the local polish cleaner will pop up on MY post saying he will do it for a fiver. so i just dont bother anymore. im in business to make money and not race around like a tit in a trance doing 20 jobs for only £100.

Tit in a trance. Love it lol.
thats how most these window cleaners round my way are. they get excited over a ten quid job and have to work like a slave to make 100 quid. i told one if you price it right you aint gotta do 20 jobs a day for 100 notes.

im going canvassing tomorrow in the tornado winds and rain. be exciting i think.

I spent over £100 this year on paid fb ads and only landed a few jobs. fb item for sale groups are full of people who want something for nothing. i can post an advert up get someone say im interested then the local polish cleaner will pop up on MY post saying he will do it for a fiver. so i just dont bother anymore. im in business to make money and not race around like a tit in a trance doing 20 jobs for only £100.
Just block the polish guy as a person on FB and he can't comment on your posts anymore. I price high with Facebook, and get them.

Just block the polish guy as a person on FB and he can't comment on your posts anymore. I price high with Facebook, and get them.
i did block him, and the woman who tagged him in. doesnt it annoy you though when people hijack ya posts and tag other cleaners in who steal your work. i remember 4 years ago when i started using facebook, no one even thought about it. then a few did it on forums and its been milked so much that doley dave gets a set of ladders in march, comes off the dole and steals work for beer money.

i did block him, and the woman who tagged him in. doesnt it annoy you though when people hijack ya posts and tag other cleaners in who steal your work. i remember 4 years ago when i started using facebook, no one even thought about it. then a few did it on forums and its been milked so much that doley dave gets a set of ladders in march, comes off the dole and steals work for beer money.
Personally its not happened to me! But I know what you mean!

We had a polish guy round here a few years ago telling everyone a fiver no matter the size of house

After 3 months he dissapeared

May be something to do with quite a few of us having a quiet word..:whistle:

We had a polish guy round here a few years ago telling everyone a fiver no matter the size of houseAfter 3 months he dissapeared

May be something to do with quite a few of us having a quiet word..:whistle:
i had an old chap round my way start to clean, he was quoting 4 quid for 2 bed house. me and a few others who used the sites messaged him saying he could get £10 for a 2 bed house round here and he just stopped posting. i landed more messers than good ones from fb. but work is work.

Latest Posts

Back