Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Pannell Cleaning

wfpboy74

Hi , I ve been using the wfp for several years and would like to add solarge panel cleaning skill set.

Are there any things I should be cautious of? Any tips would be appreciated ,

Thanks

How are you going to get access to Victorian terraced house roofs to clean the panels? I'm sure you must have given some thought to how you would do them safely.

Hi , I ve been using the wfp for several years and would like to add solarge panel cleaning skill set.
Are there any things I should be cautious of? Any tips would be appreciated ,

Thanks
I simply ask the custy to turn off the isolator switch. I then clean them the same way I do a window.

I charge £3 per panel for easy access and price goes up from there.

@Solarpanelcleanington is the man to ask as its how he earns his living.

Be advised that solar panels are really hot in sunlight. So I've read the official cleaning tips m is to do it really early before the sun bakes them off, or in cloudy/rainy days. I've seen myself one early morning ( sunny day upcoming) how the ones that were just a little exposed to the sun started steaming when I cleaned them . Then you can break the panel of thermal -shock .

If you're running hot water i guess it's quite different though.

Turning off the inverter will not isolate the electricity in the panel , before cleaning look for any damage , ss recommends using electrical gloves and rubber boots , I tried the gloves and found them very uncomfortable to try and work with and you sweat like mad in them . I have cleaned many thousands of panels and haven't ever received a shock neither have I Hurd of anyone being seriously injured or killed by cleaning solar panels HOWEVER IME NOT SAYING THAT YOU COULDNT .

ss recommends using electrical gloves
So he has been reduced to just S.S now has he?

KLOP!

I've cleaned them for almost a decade, not in the tens of thousands range as I just do for my window customers when asked.

I am not saying there is no risk, there is risk in having a dump, ask Elvis!

All I know is I have not heard of a single person ever seriously injured as a direcr result of a solar panel.

Back