Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jetmac or Rutland pumps.

Chris111

Morning gents,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I'm looking into adding power washing to my existing business next year and I'm looking for a decent company to buy the washer and other bits from. I've found jetmac and Rutland pumps has anyone had an exsperiance with either company any help would be great

Cheers

Chris.

I've bought off Jetmac before - - decent machines at a great price, but fairly **** customer service if you have issues. I'd defo recommend them, but make sure you have somewhere local that can do repairs & servicing for you and don't expect Terry to give any more than basic support.

Cheers mate, I had heard that jetmac has iffy after sales service I figure if I went for a Honda engine then I should be able to get it serviced anywhere.

Everyone raves about Ben at Rutland so guess you cant go far wrong.

I added pressure washing this year and I dont own a pressure washer /emoticons/smile.png)

I book in 2 or 3 jobs together then just hire a big petrol one from my local tool hire.

Cost me £60 per week.

If anything goes wrong, oh well they give me another. /emoticons/smile.png

I've considered hiring one but it's a bit to much faffin about an may mean missing out on short notice jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Eviestevie is the man to ask i reckon

I have had good advice from him as i am going down the pressure washing route after Christmas

I had a couple of machines with the cheaper Loncin engines - and I know everyone raves about Honda, but the Loncin ones never gave me a single problem, and they got plenty of abuse,....

Starting out I'd recommend any 13hp machine above 3000psi (Above that limit, higher flow rate is more important than extra pressure) and if you save money by going for a loncin engine, spend it on lots of extra hose - - those beasts can be heavy, so a "set it up once & just drag hoses" option is easier than moving the machine every 2 hours.

I also found a good turbo nozzle cleaned better & faster than a flat surface cleaner in most places - so save your money on that too (at least until the machine is earning its way for you).

The one thing I would never do without again is electric start. I know it seems like a silly extra - but honestly, the time and messing about it saves really is worth the extra outlay. I only ever had it on the last machine I bought before I gave up cleaning - but I loved that machine!

Rutland pumps was very helpfull with advise and great customer service spent 30 min on phone sorting things out I didn't know . I told them what I needed and they sorted it priced it all up for me one at a time

Ben at Rutland pumps is very good I bought a washer off him about a year ago good customer service always very helpful if you phone with questions and very reasonable prices , jet mac if you get any problems returning anything to Ireland is going to be a night mare , I phoned and emailed him before I bought mine didn't Evan return my calls easy decision Rutland every time

Can anyone recommend a washer off the rutland website as there is a lot to choose from and just know I will get bamboozled on the phone.

@Diwrnach any recommendations?

Have a chat to Ben tell him the type of work you are doing and he will recommend an appropriate washer he doesn't try and sell the most expensive one he sells to you , I bought a Briggs and Stratton 14 hp I think it's 250 bar 21 ltr as that was the best option for my type of work , very pleased with it if you are doing a lot of drives , block paving then flow is very important , if house wash downs a smaller machine will be fine I have an old Honda 5.5 hp 9 Ltr that's fine for that type of job

I was speaking to a customer yesterday he said he booked a company in to pressure wash re sand and seal his block paving driveway which is largish but not big. He was looking really chuffed and said he got a really good price......800 quid, I almost laughed in his face and didn't mention I was starting that line of work in spring because he was so happy and looking forward to it.

It did make me think I should get some kit that would do the job properly and maybe up my budget which was small looking at average prices on Rutland pumps. I'm not savvy with prices so I don't know if that 800 is as crazy as I thought.

Good tip about attaching the leaflets to the paid slips a while back steve

I was speaking to a customer yesterday he said he booked a company in to pressure wash re sand and seal his block paving driveway which is largish but not big. He was looking really chuffed and said he got a really good price......800 quid, I almost laughed in his face and didn't mention I was starting that line of work in spring because he was so happy and looking forward to it.
It did make me think I should get some kit that would do the job properly and maybe up my budget which was small looking at average prices on Rutland pumps. I'm not savvy with prices so I don't know if that 800 is as crazy as I thought.

Good tip about attaching the leaflets to the paid slips a while back steve
That really worked well for me. Obviously the customers know their window cleaners, so why not use them for the pressure washing

dont buy off jetmac, the machines are ok but when they go wrong good luck trying to get it sorted.

go with rutland pumps!

Morning gents,

I have a bit of a dilemma, I'm looking into adding power washing to my existing business next year and I'm looking for a decent company to buy the washer and other bits from. I've found jetmac and Rutland pumps has anyone had an exsperiance with either company any help would be great

Cheers

Chris.
I was told rutland pumps pressure washer were very durable and reliable so I purchased one and when it arrived it looks the business can tell they don't use cheap parts so could not wait to try it and when I did start it up it purred like a kitten until I pulled the trigger of the lance it started to vibrate visously to the degree the whole machine was moving around the floor so no idea what happened and there shut for the wk end 

I was told rutland pumps pressure washer were very durable and reliable so I purchased one and when it arrived it looks the business can tell they don't use cheap parts so could not wait to try it and when I did start it up it purred like a kitten until I pulled the trigger of the lance it started to vibrate visously to the degree the whole machine was moving around the floor so no idea what happened and there shut for the wk end 
Sounds like they have forgot to tighten up a bolt or two but don't worry great after service.

Latest Posts

Back