Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Windows in the dark

tench0771

8e99e14089881963becc62f344b3ec90.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nothing wrong with working in the dark I do a fair few early starts and I have got a school to clean next Friday can't start till 4pm and it will take 3hrs it will be almost pitch black /emoticons/biggrin.png:(

I dont like cleaning on the dark because I cant see what Im doing very well. Having said that I have a large office block to do tomorrow and will start at 7:00 as I have so much to do, and it wont be very light at that time. But at least it will be getting lighyer rather than the other way around. I tend to knock off at about 4pm at the moment. Which is a pain as every day Im a couple of houses behind and the work piles up. Luckily no one is really bothered about me being a bit late this time of year.

Did a customer in the dark yesterday. It was a pain as I had to go around the back where there were no street lights and I couldn't see if I hit the top of the window correctly when rinsing. So I had to rinse by sound which was a bit tricky.

Before I'll ever clean in the dark again I need some new gear. I thought of 3D printing a flashlight holder and strap it to the end of my pole near the brush, would that be of interest to anyone else?

Did a customer in the dark yesterday. It was a pain as I had to go around the back where there were no street lights and I couldn't see if I hit the top of the window correctly when rinsing. So I had to rinse by sound which was a bit tricky.
Before I'll ever clean in the dark again I need some new gear. I thought of 3D printing a flashlight holder and strap it to the end of my pole near the brush, would that be of interest to anyone else?
Doubt the customer would like you shining a torch directly through their windows, why not just wear a head torch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt the customer would like you shining a torch directly through their windows, why not just wear a head torch?
Good point, didn't think about that. /emoticons/tongue.png They weren't home so wouldn't have been a problem at that particular house, but still not the best idea.

It must've been a pretty powerful head torch for it to reach the second story windows, but maybe.. I think I have one around here somewhere..

Good point, didn't think about that. /emoticons/tongue.png They weren't home so wouldn't have been a problem at that particular house, but still not the best idea.
It must've been a pretty powerful head torch for it to reach the second story windows, but maybe.. I think I have one around here somewhere..
A good old Petzl is what you want. Excellent quality, very bright and cheap as chips.

Petzl Tikka Head Lamp - Black, One Size https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UAJ2B8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_GJaoybYJYWH8M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike can you post a pic of you wearing this head torch /emoticons/smile.png):))No seriously I have one of these for decorating dark staircases and loft work. Try are great totally agree and a good price
And the battery lasts surprisingly well, even on the brightest setting

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back