Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippa ladder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Does anyone use that grippa ladder tool that goes on the bottom of your ladder & it acts as if someone is footing the ladder. it fits on the first 2 rungs of your ladder & then you pull out like a leg that stops it sliding at whatever angle. They are in the wcw catolouge.

nope not me , but i have however ordered a base mate as a couple of jobs i do have terrible uneven

ground levels so hopefully it will help me out a great deal .

hi ya guys:) get your self a point laddder you can use them on a 1in 10 slope down the side of a house, made for window cleaners used by window cleaners, as long as you do not over reach they are as safe as any ladder to use.........pete

i agree about the point ladder, but there are still plenty of windows that will need footing in some way, i havent used a grippa, iv seen them but there not needed that often and i think it would just get in the way/get on my nerves.

i have however used a person/wall/fence post/my car/trees etc

i agree about the point ladder, but there are still plenty of windows that will need footing in some way, i havent used a grippa, iv seen them but there not needed that often and i think it would just get in the way/get on my nerves.

i have however used a person/wall/fence post/my car/trees etc
That's what I use lol.

hi ya guys:) get your self a point laddder you can use them on a 1in 10 slope down the side of a house, made for window cleaners used by window cleaners, as long as you do not over reach they are as safe as any ladder to use.........pete
I see what yer saying but these are for them awkward angles where the sloping roof is to sloped to climb on or sticks out to much so ladder has to be at a awkward angle

the thing is with a point is that because you can get higher and go off say halfway up the window frame, you can take out alot more of the awkward angles, but there will always be some windows where footing is essential

I have fitted a pair of these to my ladder and my confidence has grown a lot since I've been using them.

imgres

The only place I need to secure more firmly though is at the head when cleaning fascias ...any suggestions in this area ? I have tried a few methods but not found the best remedy as yet.

Latest Posts

Back