Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Belfast power washing newbie seeks help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

L

Liam Murdock

Hi guys, having been made redundant a 53 i am looking at starting a power washing business from scratch.what i'm looking for is advice on buying equipment .

There seem to be lots of english supplier Spinaclean etc but are there local suppliers of machinery and spare parts?

Also will i need a tank for the van?

Cheers in advance Liam

No tank in van, as you won't hold enough water to do a lot with.

Just use customers tap and grab a cheap hose lock sink tap adapter for the ones with no out side tap.

If your buying a powerful machine (21L), do not connect it to the customers tap.

Put a hose in a wheelie bin or water butt, fill it up, leave tap running and feed off that water with your sucker pipe.

This will insure you wont damage any pipework. This happens very rarely, but the machine is trying to suck out water quicker than the tap can supply it, so using a wheelie bin is safer /emoticons/smile.png

If your buying a powerful machine (21L), do not connect it to the customers tap.Put a hose in a wheelie bin or water butt, fill it up, leave tap running and feed off that water with your sucker pipe.

This will insure you wont damage any pipework. This happens very rarely, but the machine is trying to suck out water quicker than the tap can supply it, so using a wheelie bin is safer /emoticons/smile.png
Cheers Steve, i have hired industrial washers before so i know this method, do you recommend a FSC also i would like to know about what sealant is used on block paving?

My apologies' as Steve says customers tap to water butt.

I use a wheelie bin as the butt, and added a ball ****, this is very useful rather than running back and fourth turning taps on and off.

Good luck.

F.S.C are great on big jobs and some thing always handy to keep in the shed should it be needed, but to be honest a Turbo nozzle lance is what I use most of the time for them one to two car driveways.

You can do a lot of the rinsing while pressure washing at the same time with the turbo.

I would recommend a FSC for all but very small jobs, I go over the drive once with the FSC then Turbo Nozzle which helps swill down and all get the bits you missed and then use a fan nozzle to swill down job done.

Get the most powerful washer you can afford, ideally 21 litres per minute and at least 200 bar with a Honda CX390 (I think) engine.

Have a look at the Karcher FRV30 FSC they are great (videos on Youtube).

Back