Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best place to get a cheap shurflo pump??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
As above

Backpack pump has died and decided to get a decent pump and use my reel instead of another backpack

It's not under warranty now as i have been using for hypo etc

Why not @Tuffers ?What is the difference ? As i have no idea

£155 for the lot seems good to me
The settings on a varistream put me off, I'm no expert, but don't you have to set the pressure as well as flow on them? Spring controllers just need calibrating now and then. I think @spruce uses varistream controllers.

Have ordered the 5.2l shurflo and analogue spring controller as i have a thing for analogue like my avatar lol

Got a bargain..full clean centre..pump..strainer..elbows and controller £156 delivered

Your not on your own with the analogue thing, I'm the same.

Don't know whether you suffered with air locks Davey but as you are replacing your pump you may want to try replacing the inlet hose with a length of 8mm ID minibore instead of the usual 1/2inch. I found this dramatically decreased problems with air locks if you ever suck up air from your tank. It will mean replacing the intake adapter for the pump with an 8mm one but it was well worth the changeover for me. Don't know if the company your ordering from sell one but PF do.

Plastic 1/2" Female Thread x 8mm Hose Swivel Elbow - Trolley Spares - Fittings & Acc's

The settings on a varistream put me off, I'm no expert, but don't you have to set the pressure as well as flow on them? Spring controllers just need calibrating now and then. I think @spruce uses varistream controllers.
i have had my varistream 6+ years now, never calibrated it. and havent had any problems.

i have had my varistream 6+ years now, never calibrated it. and havent had any problems.
The Mk1 digital was a good unit. The latest one with the battery read out bars was a bit of a let down for us. Williamson pumps could easily have included an on/off switch on the side but they haven't. They could also have used the off button to switch the controller off as in the mk1 version and added a simple push on switch to activate the battery charge indicator bars - once released the controller will be totally switched off again. Loosing 25% of an 85 amp leisure battery's charge over a week lying idle isn't acceptable in my books.

We increase our dead end setting into winter actually when the water is getting colder and back it off when the water gets warmer into summer. If we set it for winter we don't need to touch it ever.

Back