Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a blower as a gutter vac?

wouldn't that make a right mess,blowing it out all over the gutters facias and windows not too mention the floor , then you have to carry it up the ladder, gutter vac for me

What's the reach going to be on this though? Wouldn't you be better off with a SkyVac Atom? Has up to 40' reach depending on pole set and blow function so you could do both with that more effectively I imagine.
Think it has a 3 metre length. Stihl is a famous brand in gardening, can't imagine they would advertise a gut vac extra with the blower if it wasn't any good!

I don't have enough work to warrant getting a Skyvac Atom, but I do gardening as well and for an extra £60 pound or so on top of the £220 for the blower wouldn't this be the best option for me?

Maybe with this blower-

BG 86 C-E - Very powerful hand held blower with ErgoStart (E). Perfect for the professional landscaper or the demanding homeowner.

You can get this one cheaper elsewhere.

How do you know this?
I think it could work on certain gutters if just leafs I have a sthill blower/sucker it's OK for blowing I don't really use the sucker. You would need a very slime adaption somehow to get into gutters.it's handling it whilst up ladders etc ..I just don't think you can beat beat hand the gutter vacs are no good in my opinion.

I think it could work on certain gutters if just leafs I have a sthill blower/sucker it's OK for blowing I don't really use the sucker. You would need a very slime adaption somehow to get into gutters.it's handling it whilst up ladders etc ..I just don't think you can beat beat hand the gutter vacs are no good in my opinion.
You could be right, would be good to hear from someone who has actually used one though.

i tried cleaning the cutter out use my truckmounted carpet cleaner to see if it could be used on the job only to find it stuck to the gutter and you couldn't move the pole along worth a try was quite funny at the time

i tried cleaning the cutter out use my truckmounted carpet cleaner to see if it could be used on the job only to find it stuck to the gutter and you couldn't move the pole along worth a try was quite funny at the time
lol

Yeah but this add on gutter vac is supposed to be designed for the job. Yours was for carpets! Mainly I just wanted a Stihl blower for gardening that's why I was interested.

oh jesus use are on about using it whilst up a ladder

oh my god really

oh jesus use are on about using it whilst up a ladder

oh my god really

/emoticons/laugh.png Where's there's blame there's a claim

this has typical @slippy all bout it lol always tryin to cut a corner

anyone stupidough to u a blower vac up a story or even 3rd story ladder deserves whats coming to them lol

When we moved a few years back, our new neighbor had a big tree right on our border and in the autumn all the leaves ended up in our garden. I bought one of those garden vac things, swept all the leaves into a corner pointed the vac at it and switched it on. All the leaves went up in the air and the wind blew them over the fence into the neighbors garden. I'd forgotten to switch it to the suck mode. As they were his anyway I let him keep them. I remember thinking, 'I like this tool. I haven't even got to put the leaves in my bin. I'll just wait for the neighbor to go out and then......' /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

@noddy . Just as well it stuck. You would've spent ages cleaning the **** out your waste tank. I was going to try it with a prowler and decided against it. Instead I use an old craftex grace I've had in the shed for years. Does a sterling job better than any gutter vac but still a pain getting the **** out the tank.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ok so no one actually has used it. But with just 3 metres and not wanting to get up a ladder and use this for safety reasons I guess it would only work on bungalows and they are low enough to just get up on a ladder with trowel on a pole.

If you did use it on a ladder, I estimate you would have to be 2.5 metres up on the ladder for the 3 metre pole to work, right? Bad idea right?

Just called the manufacturer; it is just used to blow the leaves out of the gutter!! Another dream quashed.
Bad times. I found the 9m SkyVac for £485 yesterday so I pulled the trigger and got busy. Have now got the next two Saturdays doing gutters which will more than pay for the Vac.

Latest Posts

Back