Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter pricing

A decent average, is £10 per side, so £20 for mid terrace, £30 for an end terrace, or £40 for a detached. Personally I just tell my customers we charge £15 per hour per man, and we estimated it to be X amount, as we think it should take X time. But if we can get it done a bit quicker we will be fair with you and charge you less.

I have one in tomorrow, I had a Saturday booked two weeks ago full of gutter jobs, me and one other lad went out over the weekend, and did them as overtime.

I mean gutter clearing, clearing out the inside of the gutters, if the customer wanted the plastic wiped down as we go then we do that but explain it can take longer and we would have to charge accordingly.

£25 a side to CLEAR them out NOT clean :) I use a vac system + prefer ladders & gutter pro tools as I think it does a more thorough job. Just depends on my mood  :1f603:

Last edited by a moderator:
If one of my lads came back and had charged £30 to clean and clear a gutter he would be making up the difference out of his wages

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Take you time do it right and create value for your customer if done properly they improve the look massively.
That takes time so go via average rate per hour

You have to be face to face with people to get the best price start high then work your way to what makes the costumer happy [emoji4]

different areas means different price in yorkshire i bet the price u can get is not as good as surrey  for example price accordingly to your area 

I have learned if you sensibly price a job at let's say £40 for a 2 or 3 bed terrace with two lengths of gutters it's better than getting one priced at £60. It's too easy to get carried away with pricing, only exception to this is anything over 3 story. 

Wowsers,

Out of interest how long does it take you to clean 3 bed semi gutters out and in.
All fascias plastics and windows included.
We would be £80-£150 depending how dirty they are

The pricing I was talking about was for clearance only, time wise for a 3 bed semi for what you mentioned above would all depend how dirty everything was. Anything between an hour or two or longer. Pricing would be based on allot of variables for a full FSG and window clean on anything. I wouldn't have a set price , just a prices from as you have to have a good look around a property when it comes to exterior cleaning so you don't get caught out. 

I have had in the past folk say oh it's not that bad and I gave a price over the phone and the property was minging and I never made much on any of them as they took ages to do. Windows is one thing but FSG's are something totally different when it comes to pricing them properly and in my opinion should be always done in person. 

You have to be face to face with people to get the best price start high then work your way to what makes the costumer happy
emoji4.png

I will never haggle with a customer

My price is my price

Have to agree with Teaboy in saying a lot of you guys dont value your time properly. my price starts at £55 per side to clean gutters and facias, if they want the contents of gutters removed as well then that is all extra.

They know its a dirty, filthy and dangerous task and if they dont want to pay a realistic price then hubby can always get that wonky set of ladders out and spend half a day dangling 20-30 feet up in the air cursing every second hes up there.

No ones forcing them to have it done.

Back