Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

There's a frost in the air

I had a nightmare day water was freezing at the pencils went home and back out then the battery went flat on the system:( and to top it off snapped my tale conector too on my new pole what a day wish id never bothered lol.

-10 in midwales with me today! spent my day flyer dropping and canvassing new work- took me 30mins to defrost my old transit was frozen inside and outside glass /emoticons/sad.png

Are the heaters mains electric? Does anyone know of anything that runs off of a 12 v battery ? My parking is on the road not outside my house.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
A number of cleaners in your situation resorted to these;

PROPEX HEATSOURCE HS2000 V1 GAS 12V HEATER KIT vehicle motorhome caravan camper | eBay

They need a gas bottle in the van but are mounted on the floor with exhaust and inlet air being drawn from outside. Doesn't use much battery power to run and can be set to kick in to keep the van's insides just above freezing.

The other solution is to drain your pumps down and bring your hose reel and pole inside the house.

Another cleaner used 12v trace heat cable with pipe insulation, but it never made much sense to me. If you get rid of the water in the pump and hose, there isn't much left to freeze and do damage.

12w/m TRACE HEATING CABLE- LOW VOLTAGE 12v (FROST PROTECTION) price p/m | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back