Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Long Depressing Day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

4Weekly

Where do i start, today started off ok, right up to when i unload my gear and clean 1 window on my first job. customer comes out says she unlocked the gate and starts to chat. so i put my pole against the wall and chat for 10 mins. go to clean and my brush is stuck to the wall. then the brass bits in the brush freeze solid.

get to 2nd job, battery dies even tho it was fully charged the night before. realise i left other battery at home. so i go home to get that battery.

start a new customer to get asked all sorts of questions bout WFP why dont i use ladders, i like ladder cleaning blah blah blah after they stood and watched me clean for 25 mins. refused to pay me till the windows dried off and theres no spotting. checked the bank and they aint paid me like they promised they would.

/emoticons/sad.png

Head up mate you'll have far worse days and many much betrer

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
got caught out this winter thats all. normally i got my stuff winter ready. but its been a few years since we had cold nights like this. last cold night i remember was 2010 and temp got down to -20c where i use to live.

yeh this afternoon i spent doing yesterdays work and i got tomorrow which was my day off doing yesterdays work. then this weekend i got 5k flyers to dump

I think we have all been there pal, and it's not a nice feeling but like teaboy said, take the rough with the smooth. stick with it and it will get tons better. I've had two days off this week due to the cold blip.

Yeah just bring your hose and back pack indoors. I gotta tuck my van system in at night with a duvet keep it from freezing. the water in the tank doesn't seem to freeze which is good. 3 weeks to get everything on the button

Everyone gets customers like that and 2 days ago my reel hose frozen so yep I was there with my lighter defrosting my hose full 100m of it lol so that I can start work every day different but I still wouldn't work for someone else again keep going few months weather will change and your be in shorts cause it's hot

Using a lighter to defrost hose?
Chap use your exhaust tad quicker [emoji1360]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Oh I didnt think of one I use what I got wasn't going to travel 30min back home to melt the ice in my hose so I used a lighter of course making sure not to burn hose needed some heat to melt but yeah good idea same thing using exhaust that give of little warmth

It's only a bit of ice lol

That week in 2010 when it got to -13 here i was driving a grit lorry for a mate (cash work) at night gritting royal mail and sainsburys car parks all over west london as it was so icy and tradding during the day

Great fun when the water is freezing before you can blade it off

I'm a bit of a sicko as i do love a challenge

feels like the tropics this morning so just sorting water out and ill go smash this work out. only got 5 left from weds work then my day off can start.

Yeah, it can be a massive learning curve but better now than later, it'll prepare you for the really cold months.

Have heaters everywhere, van, shed and spend money on insulation for the van and all pipes, it'll save you money in the long run.

Yeah, it can be a massive learning curve but better now than later, it'll prepare you for the really cold months.
Have heaters everywhere, van, shed and spend money on insulation for the van and all pipes, it'll save you money in the long run.
my van is insulated to the max, got all sorts in it, but it froze solid lol.

my plan is at night im going to fill all my pipes with IPA, then drain it off in the mornings like i used to do.

Sound like hard work. ...... I just put on the greenhouse heater on low and lock the van... all fine in the morning... costs 10p a hour to run ..

Sound like hard work. ...... I just put on the greenhouse heater on low and lock the van... all fine in the morning... costs 10p a hour to run ..
carbon monoxide ???

Latest Posts

Back