Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need advise customer offered to give more money

Ajk

hi

Need some advise Got 8 appartments in one block and 4 terraced house windows cleaning £90 all on private estate with gates each month from management company one of CEO lives in one of the apartments anyway noticed the row of three houses have black runs down rendering and on top capping and slight blacking above big arch windows on the appartments I quoted £200 5 hours max if that to softwash about size if two gable house ends work and to my surprise to get call back from client to say he thinks i quoted to little and He thinks it be a lot harder so his reply is to bill for £1000 ! What you think I wasn't excepting it that much ? Now as a new customer I wait and see if I get paid for doing the windows on Wednesday by bank transfer first before I think about going ahead with anything else but they have also a big ass drive for future work maybe. Would you invoice for £1000 even if it 5 hours if client has okay it I could stretch work out and have lunch tea breaks make it all day but still. I go back and take some pictures tomorrow so you see

I recently did a job with a mate £960 for a conny clean including shuts but not insides that took a day and a bit..did i feel guilty..nah

Get what you can for it mate although i would feel uncomfortable billing that much for half a days work..stretch ot out a bit even if you have to go back next day to do something

I recently did a job with a mate £960 for a conny clean including shuts but not insides that took a day and a bit..did i feel guilty..nahGet what you can for it mate although i would feel uncomfortable billing that much for half a days work..stretch ot out a bit even if you have to go back next day to do something
Thanks daveyboy I would feel uncomfortable too just taking that amount for 5 hours and as a very first job at soft washing too. Was going to use hypo with clever wash lol think I buy blackwash if they willing to pay that amount lol we will see

S.H. Fairy for surfactant and bung in some cherry smelly. That will do.

I used to do a lot of work for the owner of a well established property management company.

He used to have use do all sorts of ofd jobs.

He would have me quote it up, then say '£250 is fine but invoice me for £380 as that's the budget for the job'

Every job I ever quoted him was well below the budget and he always told me what to charge.

Just getting established with him I woud do the work and bill £250 with a note that says 'you were right, was a bit more than I thought so I adjusted the bill accordingly, hope that's acceptable'

You will get every job they have come up.

His £1000 offer may be just a way to sus you out. Might be the last job you ever see from him if you take the £1000.

It's highly possible that if the budget isn't spent then the amount that's left gets deducted from the following years budget. A lot of companies work like that. Hence why commercial carpet cleaning is so popular from January up to the end of march.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Let you know what client who also lives there at the apartments said there two guys who took over from a lady who use to deal with all the properties cause she was **** didn't get nothing done for the residents who pay a monthly £185 maintenance charge so they kicked her out and took over put new metal gates and railings up around cause she didn't do it when it needed doing. Anyway all residents wasn't happy with her. So I guess they are getting jobs done that should of been done long time ago there one or two who are residents who I been told are still bitter about it

How did you get on with this Ajk? I've got a job involving capstones and black algae exactly the same as this. The boss always swears by g101 and hot water, not sure he's even heard of hypo /emoticons/biggrin.png

How did you get on with this Ajk? I've got a job involving capstones and black algae exactly the same as this. The boss always swears by g101 and hot water, not sure he's even heard of hypo /emoticons/biggrin.png
Still waiting till I get paid from management services for when I did I their windows two weeks ago. I got hypo and clever wash for the softwash mix just the waiting to start when I get paid for windows lol I don't trust pple who say yeah we will pay you don't worry. Gonna get in contact with them tomorrow see what's what. Iam looking forward to doing it it's just when lol

Cracking - there's a lot more than five hours work in them pics anyway

I would go to town on the job

Take your time get every stain out

If any of its not organic you may need some acids

the stone will look better pressure washed

Do all the brickwork / garage doors

Use blackwash no need to save £10 on mixing your own

Could even biocide after for longer protection

Be a great job that mate nice one

Cracking - there's a lot more than five hours work in them pics anywayI would go to town on the job

Take your time get every stain out

If any of its not organic you may need some acids

the stone will look better pressure washed

Do all the brickwork / garage doors

Use blackwash no need to save £10 on mixing your own

Could even biocide after for longer protection

Be a great job that mate nice one
Taxlossloz at first it was just the house to do then I walked round and suggested doing the rest of the building while Iam there they just said yeah do it and let them know how much lol they also said it's not a blank cheque. It's a well known company so Iam happy to wait for 30 days payment for windows at least. I would of thought hypo would shift the black marks ? and don't have pressure washer as yet a 390 washer is on my list of things to buy

I would biocide after to make sure it don't come back so fast. There should be like a channel for water to flow into gutters under the top capping but they ain't it runs down the rendering lol bloke asked me if I can cut a channel with an angel grinder what you think i got experience using them right. I said I think if that one

Only biocide it if your looking to spin job out !Where you gonna cut the channel ?
channel would be just Under top capping stone just enough to stop water dripping down render but looking at pictures looks like it's also missing render and falling on bottom stone

Back