Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my 4th day at work

harunh

Since i started, i used about 320ltrs of water to do 9 houses. All first cleans, i was much faster today then i was the first time, i have my flow rate on 10 & 15. i want to use less water ! what about u lot?

Don't worry to much about water usage at the min mate while your learning use as much as you need to to do the job correctly, you will get faster and start using less but it takes time not just weeks but months to be competent with wfp

yes that is a lot of water but they are first cleans and your learning .I would not slow the flow rate down as the water is the thing you need to clean (rinse rinse rinse ) as the weeks go by you will be quicker with more confendence and first cleans wont be first cleans next time

Keep going big H - when I started I used around 600ltrs for 20 houses but as they all say you'll get your water down the quicker and more efficient you get. As an average you need to be looking at around 15ltrs per house. I have a 600ltr tank and can get around 40 houses out of it /emoticons/smile.png

I use a flow rate of 20 and I'm quite new and still use lots of water, I'm not to botherd though as I'd rather do a good job and keep my customers while I'm learning.

Yeah, at first I was using the best part of 50 ltrs for a 3 bed semi. Been at it just over 3 yrs and still learning. You get to know the houses after a bit, which ones will clean easier with less water, and still have days when I'm just not confident and rinse for longer, but am down to about 1000 ltrs a week for about 600 notes give or take, hope to get it down more but no joy yet!

do you have a tap?

turn it off in between each window, that will save yo a little.

if you really need to save more water trad the bottoms. (ive done this occasionally at the end of the day to get another house done (i only use a 250L tank))

just follow the advice given from other members and dont panic while you are learning. You will get there

I don't think a tap is any good unless you have the holster.. I have no experience but yesterday I was setting the pole down to go to turn off the tap, after 2 or 3 times doing this I just kept the water on between windows

But before I buy a holster I'm going to cable tie the pole hose up the first section so I have the hose at my fingers to be able to quickly kink it, then just let go when I get to the next window..

Back