Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I found a tenant for my van

laddergarder

While we were out working the other day, we came across an young black bird that looked like it had fallen from its nest. So I moved it to a safer place in close to a dyke where it had a little shelter.

Any way, I was considering its likely fate that day, and found myself back there that ***ht while out collecting to see how it was doing. But it was still there, in the same spot, and in not that great a shape, lying on its back.

With a ***ht of rain forecasted and the little fella looking like a likely meal for a nearby fox, I gave it a little temporary nest in one of the buckets we use for gutter cleaning. With a few scrims for some bedding.

I have contacted an animal centre that will take it in, I am going to take it to them on Friday ***ht. Its about an hours drive from me, so that is there earliest I could take it.

I have two cats, so until then, its being moving between the window cleaning, and the carpet cleaning van, while they are not in use. However it has perked up loads since last ***ht, and seemed like a lively little fella, so looks like its going to make it.

No jokes about being a fly by ***ht outfit or anything like that now /emoticons/sad.png

Nice story, I love birds and this makes me wanna do more birdwatching hehe

Had a male bullfinch in our garden last week, awesomely happy with that result.

Good work LG.

Bless ya mate, nice thing to do. I leave food and water out for a little hedgehog thats been living under my sheds since last summer but going out ya way like that though shows character mate.

I am afraid this has turned in to a sad little story, as the little fella surcummed to its injuries today. So in the end I was only able to make it comfortable.

blackbird2.jpg

I have starlings in my roofspace and crows in the chimney. The extension roof is covered in nest stuff can't wait to they leave so I can block it all up. Every morning you here cheep cheep cheep

Back