adamangler

D.I.Y Electric hose reel conversion for less than £50

Tuffers
38 minutes ago, Cleanteam South west said:

I paid the £3.49. I was getting worried, even held off on buying the rest of the parts i needed.

You did well! They've obviously cottoned on to their mistake. I see they have an eBay shop with stuff for sale for 99p. I wonder if they value their feedback? 😈

adamangler

Haha set of cuntz! I got a glasses cleaner through the post today.  

Edited by adamangler

Tuffers
1 minute ago, adamangler said:

Haha ******* ******** I got a glasses cleaner through the post today .

How many motors did you order? I bet they're scratching their heads as to why so many people are ordering them 😂

adamangler
Just now, Tuffers said:

How many motors did you order? I bet they're scratching their heads as to why so many people are ordering them 😂

Just one to see if it was true lol

I was planning on ordering 50 of them and knocking up leccy reels to flog on

That's scuppered that business plan.

Tuffers

That would've been a nice little business. What I can't understand is why the feck are they accepting orders and blatantly sending the wrong item out to the purchaser? Surely they would identify that they've marked the price up wrongly and refund instead! By sending these stupid plastic spectacle cleaners out they are sticking two fingers up and taking the pee. 

That would've been a nice little business. What I can't understand is why the feck are they accepting orders and blatantly sending the wrong item out to the purchaser? Surely they would identify that they've marked the price up wrongly and refund instead! By sending these stupid plastic spectacle cleaners out they are sticking two fingers up and taking the pee. 

adamangler
23 minutes ago, Tuffers said:

yeh, its a **** take, should have just refunded the money not tried to scam people, which is what t hey are doing, im going to leave them some crappy feedback

Edited by adamangler

Skxawng
6 hours ago, Cleanteam South west said:

Postmans just been and gave me a box with a shiny motor, absolute bargain.

Seems like it's just pot luck. People who ordered just before you got wipers.

I regret posting the link tbh, but I waited till I'd got mine to confirm that it was genuine.

I'm glad at least someone else got 1! (Still hope for you yet @LAMS 🙂)

If they've made a mistake then fair enough I don't expect to hold them to it, but messing around with these prongy things instead of being straight is ridiculous. 

I kinda wonder if we should just delete the last couple of pages as this is a pretty useful thread and is a good reference and don't want to derail it.

Edited by Skxawng

BigFoot
50 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

I regret posting the link tbh, but I waited till I'd got mine to confirm that it was genuine.

If they've made a mistake then fair enough I don't expect to hold them to it, but messing around with these prongy things instead of being straight is ridiculous. 

I kinda wonder if we should just delete the last couple of pages as this is a pretty useful thread and is a good reference and don't want to derail it.

Don’t feel bad, I thought it was a punt no doubt like everyone els, I’ll get my money back just print return label from Amazon post it  job done. 

Skxawng
1 minute ago, BigFoot said:

Don’t feel bad, I thought it was a punt no doubt like everyone els, I’ll get my money back just print return label from Amazon post it  job done. 

Thanks, returned mine today. Sent it Royal Mail recorded as I don't want it to go 'missing'. Although I had to pay £2.50 postage, Amazon said If the wrong item was sent then the error is on their side so the return postage would be included in the refund.

Tuffers

I phoned petrol scooters earlier and I asked him to check my order. Ah a motor he said. No 10 I said and why have you sent me some poxy plastic peg things instead? Oh we sometimes make mistakes. Well according to the internet quite a few people have been sent this plastic thing instead of a motor I said. Don’t worry it’ll get sorted he said 🙄

Nudel

I got a refund explaining there had been a mixup of items.

Tuffers

Funny how they keep c0xking up and sending plastic glass cleaners out instead 

Nudel

Here's the message I received, I understand them not sending items out if it's priced that wrong..

Hello, 

Thank you for your order.

There has been an issue with your order, which I do apologise for.

The item you purchased for £2.49 was glass microfibre cleaning pads, the price for the Electric Motors is £21.99 This is due to an IT glitch on our system.

What I have done is issued a refund to save any further delay, if you wanted to reorder the Motors for the correct price you are welcome to do so.

Again I do apologise for the inconvenience, if I can assist with anything else please let me know.

Kind Regards

Tuffers

Funny how they keep c0xking up and sending plastic glass cleaners out instead 

Scots lad

I phoned them today and was told to wait on email follow up.

They  emailed asking what order number was luckily i took screenshot of order page still  waiting on an answer dont even wear specs told them over phone

Tuffers
39 minutes ago, Scots lad said:

I phoned them today and was told to wait on email follow up.

They  emailed asking what order number was luckily i took screenshot of order page still  waiting on an answer dont even wear specs told them over phone

When I spoke to them they wanted me to email them a picture of the glasses cleaners. I have and have sent them a screenshot from the Amazon sale. They also said all businesses make mistakes....well they keep making the same mistake, or are they taking the pee?!

LAMS
On 04/02/2019 at 22:33, Skxawng said:

Cheers mate

2 for £6.98 . .

05223371-64DA-4E81-BC22-088AED278CC0.jpeg

Skxawng
2 hours ago, LAMS said:

Cheers mate

2 for £6.98 . .

05223371-64DA-4E81-BC22-088AED278CC0.jpeg

Woohoo! Took so long I was sure you weren't going to get them.

I've worked out all the details where and how I'm going to mount them (got bearings too!) and going to get it all set up tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

LAMS
5 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Woohoo! Took so long I was sure you weren't going to get them.

I've worked out all the details where and how I'm going to mount them (got bearings too!) and going to get it all set up tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

My sprocket from China arrived quickly so I’ve got all the parts, will fit tomorrow if I have time and it’s not raining 

Skxawng

Converted my hose reels and fitted into the van. Got some good ideas about a mechanism to wind the hose on evenly. Will take a picture when I'm finished.

I noticed while taking apart my reel, if anyone wants to fit bearings to their petal type hose reel it's actually pretty easy. The manifold / spindle is 27mm in diameter so a 60/28 bearing fits well. £3.50 on eBay. 

The bearing will fit inside the clamp assembly but the lip has to be chopped or ground off (see pics)

The spacer will need to be shortened also. It makes a big difference in how easy it is to pull out. Also there will be virtually no wear and tear.

IMG_20190213_122452.jpg

IMG_20190213_122437.jpg

I haven't actually done it with mine as I've mounted my bearings in a wooden frame. (See pic below)

IMG_20190218_113432.jpg

Edit: Thought I'd just mention (brag really 😛 ) that the total cost for converting the two hosereels to wireless electric was under £40. That's for motors, chains, sprockets, bearings, wood, bolts, wireless transmitters and receiver.

I did get some pretty good deals though! 

Edited by Skxawng

spruce
25 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Converted my hose reels and fitted into the van. Got some good ideas about a mechanism to wind the hose on evenly. Will take a picture when I'm finished.

I noticed while taking apart my reel, if anyone wants to fit bearings to their petal type hose reel it's actually pretty easy. The manifold / spindle is 27mm in diameter so a 60/28 bearing fits well. £3.50 on eBay. 

The bearing will fit inside the clamp assembly but the lip has to be chopped or ground off (see pics)

The spacer will need to be shortened also. It makes a big difference in how easy it is to pull out. Also there will be virtually no wear and tear.

IMG_20190213_122452.jpg

IMG_20190213_122437.jpg

I haven't actually done it with mine as I've mounted my bearings in a wooden frame. (See pic below)

IMG_20190218_113432.jpg

Have you got an ebay link please. I can't find a 60/28 sealed bearing for £3.50. Thanks

Skxawng
6 minutes ago, spruce said:

Have you got an ebay link please. I can't find a 60/28 sealed bearing for £3.50. Thanks

Just looked at the ones I bought and they're sold out unfortunately.

The next cheapest UK based bearings are £4.38.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60-28-2rs-28x52x12w-SEALED-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-CARTRIDGE-BEARING/370780696836?epid=1461432221&hash=item5654407104:g:xgQAAMXQS6pRvWaG

Cleanteam South west

Did mine today, will pop some pics on tomorrow 

Skxawng

Does anyone know how to remove the sprocket from the motor?

Been trying for the past hour.

The nut on top doesn't unscrew, it just turns around. Tried a 3 legged puller and couldn't get that to do it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Laurie

15505275211376710954239645143728.jpg

Cleanteam South west

looks like it should just unscrew, maybe try some heat