Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Guttering

Guest kars

Hiya. How do you guys go about pricing clearing guttering. got a request from a customer and the boys just shrug their shoulders say they're not sure and they just decide when they get to the job!!! Dah! Would like to look abit more proffesional than that! lol

4-5 pound a meter and add on 20 pound works for me I usually hit my hourly rate.

ok so does that mean you would charge 4-5 pound per meter and then charge your hourly rate on top of that or is it inclusive. Also how long can it take to do per meter?? Can honestly say i never noticed how long it took to do mine in the past (council did it) now my partner does it when hes board!

Also what do you do with the gunk thats removed?? lol should we take it away or should we chuck it in one of their bins/compost heaps?

sorry but it wasnt something i really thought about before!!!

No I dont charge an hourly rate but has found 4-5 pound a meter but if there is only 5 meters to do that £45 pound take about hour to clean.Put the rubbish in their bin never take it away

Guest window washer

Cleaning the outside of the guttering is easy but and sometimes on bungalows I just do it for free; but guttering.....

Cleaning guttering nearly always takes longer than you think. Yesterday I had a house to do in and ended up on the top of a ladder in torrential rain with thunder and lightning!!!

I worked out it would take an hour so charged £50. Her guttering was full and it was dripping everywhere so when I finished I had to clean the guttering and then the windows - took me 3 hours for £ 50 (and then she moaned that the gutter was dripping which wasn't my fault but due to the guttering angles being all wrong).

I now have a new rule - I will never clear guttering again - never. Cleaning windows is easy so I will stick to that.

In fact I am thinking of not cleaning any more soffits as lately they have all been so dirty and my neck hurts (must be getting too old).

So...my advice is just say no thanks as the only way to price it is after the job is done or pick a decent price, double it, then double that, then triple that for good measure!!!!!

:D:(:D

• 3 months later...

Cleaning the outside of the guttering is easy but and sometimes on bungalows I just do it for free; but guttering.....

Cleaning guttering nearly always takes longer than you think. Yesterday I had a house to do in and ended up on the top of a ladder in torrential rain with thunder and lightning!!!

I worked out it would take an hour so charged £50. Her guttering was full and it was dripping everywhere so when I finished I had to clean the guttering and then the windows - took me 3 hours for £ 50 (and then she moaned that the gutter was dripping which wasn't my fault but due to the guttering angles being all wrong).

I now have a new rule - I will never clear guttering again - never. Cleaning windows is easy so I will stick to that.

In fact I am thinking of not cleaning any more soffits as lately they have all been so dirty and my neck hurts (must be getting too old).

So...my advice is just say no thanks as the only way to price it is after the job is done or pick a decent price, double it, then double that, then triple that for good measure!!!!!

:):):)

Yep, I've learnt the hard way recently - always say no to everything else!! I love my job cleaning windows, why ruin in with pain!!

• 5 months later...
Guest MyLittleCleaningCompany

I hope someone can help me with this as I have only done a couple of these jobs. After cleaning the windows at a new customers bungalow he asked me to quote up for cleaning the gutters. I counted there's 29m worth and they are very dirty on the outside and a fair few years worth of dirt on the inside. I can access all of it with a tall set of step ladders so access is not an issue it's just the cleaning part. I was thinking £3 per metre but this still sounds a lot. What are peoples views and what would they charge? Thanks for the help, J

I hope someone can help me with this as I have only done a couple of these jobs. After cleaning the windows at a new customers bungalow he asked me to quote up for cleaning the gutters. I counted there's 29m worth and they are very dirty on the outside and a fair few years worth of dirt on the inside. I can access all of it with a tall set of step ladders so access is not an issue it's just the cleaning part. I was thinking £3 per metre but this still sounds a lot. What are peoples views and what would they charge? Thanks for the help, J

have you got to clear or clean inside guttering

Yes, clear them. Most of it is full with moss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, clear them. Most of it is full with moss.

pm messsage sent

We do £3.50 per meter, you some times get relatively easy ones, there there is some that are absolutely full of dirt. I always advice customers to leave it to the summer so they are dried out. It tend to be a yearly thing, most people don't bother with them though until they can see the grass growing in them from the street, lol.

We do £3.50 per meter, you some times get relatively easy ones, there there is some that are absolutely full of dirt. I always advice customers to leave it to the summer so they are dried out. It tend to be a yearly thing, most people don't bother with them though until they can see the grass growing in them from the street, lol.

Thanks for the advice mate. Got the job, charged £2 a metre in the end. £3 sounded too expensive, we will see if that was a good call or not?? ;)

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.