Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Online payments

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not just a bit nearly full stop my debts are the highest they ever been and trying to catch them in aswell is proving difficult but I will rock up on Christmas Eve if I have to

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Not just a bit nearly full stop my debts are the highest they ever been and trying to catch them in aswell is proving difficult but I will rock up on Christmas Eve if I have to
Same my debts are creeping up not getting any replys in text. They must be thinking oh it's only the window cleaner he can wate. Not Gona lie it winds me right up [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Same my debts are creeping up not getting any replys in text. They must be thinking oh it's only the window cleaner he can wate. Not Gona lie it winds me right up [emoji38][emoji38]

It bugs me we start Christmas shopping in June as we have 5 kids so kind of sorted but it's not fair for them to think like that if I didn't shop like that Christmas would be hard oh well as I say will go out Christmas eve if I need to want to collect most of it before I start a new year

I know a windy who this year has switched or added 40 customers to Gocardless in past 6 months and no doubt it's more process to set them up but after that you get to decide when you take the money either by a click of a button or a set date of the month. He remarked that the money keeps rolling in. Maybe worth the extra effort 2017 to switch payment methods to save you a headache in future, regardless hope the bad payers get a visit from the 3 ghosts of Christmas buy you a turkey and leave you a big tip.

It bugs me we start Christmas shopping in June as we have 5 kids so kind of sorted but it's not fair for them to think like that if I didn't shop like that Christmas would be hard oh well as I say will go out Christmas eve if I need to want to collect most of it before I start a new year
Bloody hell. You're organised. I've got five kids too and I (well, my mrs) started our Xmas shopping two weeks ago.

It's the most stressfull part of the job.

Makes you feel like a begger texting someone over and over for my money.

Gutting when you open up your account and its still the same balance as 2 days ago.

It's always the same. Regardless.

Only way round it is too catch them with a card reader in your hand.

GoCardless is the way forward. Job done click a button and a few day later monies in the bank.

Yeah sure a couple will whine about paying the commission but I would rather have 100% of £990 than 0% of £1000 in my account.

yes i've noticed the payments slowing up- i recently payed for an ad with a small local company- they deliver 5k flyers in my town and a ad size of business card in there cost £35 thought it was worth a go- when i read invoice i noticed it said that i had 7 days to pay this some and every day after this 7 days 10% of remaining balance will be added each day untill the balance is settled got me thinking yes you will lose cusotmers along the way with this method but what your left with will be good payers-

when i first started i made my terms to be payed within 30 days - i noticed some people left it untill day 28 to pay and i was finding my payments hard to organsise i since took the to be paid down to 7 days im finding this easier to manage- all though people are still waiting till day 7 and often people leave it 14 then anymore than 14 as a rule i will send text if no reply then phone call then knock at door last resort

i recieved an online payment recently from a lady whom ive been cleaning her windows since around june this year every month she's a bad payer online ! allways having to be prodded to make online payment its a £10 4 week clean- this month i prompted her again and she payed me- but she payed me £9! do I leave it be as shes on an estate so its handy work as i clean others around her or do ask her for the quid ! :laugh::laugh:

I was pulling my hair out a month ago as my debt list was on par with the debt of a small country!

FWD today and its the lowest its been for nearly a year lol. I went on a mission. Texting, emails, visits, letters etc etc. Still got some more to do next week as well /emoticons/biggrin.png

when i first started i made my terms to be payed within 30 days - i noticed some people left it untill day 28 to pay and i was finding my payments hard to organsise i since took the to be paid down to 7 days im finding this easier to manage- all though people are still waiting till day 7 and often people leave it 14 then anymore than 14 as a rule i will send text if no reply then phone call then knock at door last resort

its not a quid, its a 10% reduction in earnings. add it on next time then when she finally pays, dump and move on.

Agree with all the above.. How do you go about reminding custies if you have no phone number or email address.. I don't collect so think I'm going to have to send a few letters any ideas on best way to word a letter of reminder?

Agree with all the above.. How do you go about reminding custies if you have no phone number or email address.. I don't collect so think I'm going to have to send a few letters any ideas on best way to word a letter of reminder?
Alway's get all details if they won't give you them there something wrong...you need full name if you want to take court them to court

If you don't have a contact number you need to make it a priority to get one. what I've done with overdue accounts is popped a note thru when there next clean was due. something along the lines of no clean was carried out today due to outstanding balance. please pay asap so I can clean next time

Back