Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain

I'm well behind, took Monday off, was a cracking day, went canvassing.. Has rain tuesday Wednesday and today.. Got a few hours done just

I was fine today up to about 3.30 then it started, so finished up for the day. I think its to be on and off tomorrow, so will just get what I can done and that is that. There really isn't anything you can do, just do your best really and get out when you can.

I'm relatively new to all this and have only just started up (part-time). So far I have four customer and need to get in gear and start canvassing the local area as my confidence grows. However the rain has played havoc with my two scheduled jobs this week. Wednesday I was due to do a big first clean - inside and out and gutters on a large house. I decided to cancel as the rain looked as if it would be relentless and will reschedule. Then yesterday I had another first clean (just outside) and an hour before the customer called to ask if I would clean in the rain and we have rescheduled for next week.

Do you guys bother to clean at all in the rain? Surely I will be fighting a losing battle if I try. Also I don't think it sets a good impression to the customer and neighbours (potential customers).

Your thoughts please..?

The rain been pretty heavy here and haven't got much done. I would work if it was light rain, and the rain wasn't bouncing off the glass. Traditional cleaning can be a mess trying to scrim when the glass is soaking. Wfp I think can get away with it. Iv never had anyone complain, but you still have to make a living, or at least try

Me and my big mouth. Teeming down & blistering winds.
LOL that'll teach ya Posh, as for me not got enough custies to get behind. most are next week though so hope it's all good then.

Back