Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY water fed poles

nearlyclean

For a cheap pole I have used a Harris pole £15 from B&Q it will reach about 5 meters.

For this project you will need:1 harris pole 5M

1 Harris broom metal handle

hack saw

Drill with 12mm drill bit (metal)

6 meters of 5-6 mm plastic tubing

Adjustable Angle (Flip fast)

Epoxy resin

You probably have some of these already if not B&Q is your bet.

How to do it...

Take the pole and cut the acme thread off (screw at the top)

Then take the broom handle and cut off 150 mm from the thread

The handle will slide over the harris pole you can use epoxy resin and a self tapping screw to fix the two together

Then drill a hole about 150mm from the top and another through the base of the pole

Feed the tubing through the top hole till it comes out the base then hold onto the hose and slowly extend the pole.

Attach a connector to the tubing so you can connect your hose.

When the resin is dried you can screw the adjustable angle on and Brush and it is ready for work

Here are a few pictures of what it should look like

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_4YTc9pnHec/Tfzq5Loz4jI/AAAAAAAAAkk/dCO-hCSG7kk/P6070131.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BZdPEXufjXw/Tfzs-NQDxAI/AAAAAAAAAkw/2XTAz1YyAsI/P6070002.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-bsa95flW5ZE/Tfzs_iNSNQI/AAAAAAAAAk0/p0iIEo5ELOI/P6070003.JPG

I think the US thread are known as acme threads over here in UK,best option is to take a brush with you and try it

ive done something pretty similar looks really good aswell you struggle to notice it was a diy job well a pro would spot it lol

Does anyone know if the gardiners angle adapters fit inside of this Harris pole section?

It's not the screw on angle adapter, but the one that goes into the end of the pole and held in by a clamp?

Cheers

Does anyone know if the gardiners angle adapters fit inside of this Harris pole section?

It's not the screw on angle adapter, but the one that goes into the end of the pole and held in by a clamp?

Cheers
it is on my video making a pole for wfp with a harris pole without watching it and it is late i cant think :D i am sure it is the gardiner ones that fits

Yes pal but it's the newer angle adapters I mean, where the pole hose goes through the centre of it and out the top, instead of drilling a hole in the pole? Na think I answered that myself lol.. I'll just order the screw on one lol

They said the new clx use these

all my five poles i use i built myself, do all the brushes myself and built my own van system too, i find that way if something goes wrong, you know where to look and fix it straight away, unlike some of these ready made brought ones!

rc i wish i could make my own lol shame i got to buy them i dont have a clue about how to make or fix anything lol

buy a blank brush, measure and drill holes for the size pipe i use, get some pushfitt connectors and thats about it really, 4 pencil jet brush!

buy a blank brush, measure and drill holes for the size pipe i use, get some pushfitt connectors and thats about it really, 4 pencil jet brush!

how much water do use a day with 4 pencil jets

Back