Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working on christmas eve

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
T

The window cleaning kid

.I am wondering if customers are going to want me over Christmas eve, is any one ells working?

I have a whole days work already booked in with the customers

All very good long standing customers who appreciate it doing spotless for xmas and look after me for it

I have a whole days work already booled in with the customersAll very good long standing customers who appreciate it doing spotless for xmas and look after me for it
hmm could be a tip day /emoticons/wink.png

One of them gave me a 20 quid tip and 2 bottles of wine last year..1 red 1 white as she doesn't know what i drink

Only a 12 quid house lol

Christmas eve falls on a Saturday a lot of residential cleaners I speak to don't work Saturdays unless they are desperate to catch up.

I do the odd Saturday till midday(commercial)but thats about it.

would I work a full day on xmas eve?No chance it's a time for family and to get your own last minute bits done.

if your not up to date with work then just finish Friday and continue on the 28th or in new year.

My xmas eve work is purposely booked with the customers for then as that is what they want

They are all due the week after but want it doing for xmas

One is a 4 bed townhouse regular customer who has an extension being completed this week who wants it doing for xmas

Last edited by a moderator:
So far none of us are working Christmas eve now. We all have different views on when to go back as well. I go back on the 9th! But looks like i may have 1 full day and now a half bloody commercials lol

Nope managed to do them this week.

TWO customers said don't worry about windows til next year. Proper unusual for them.

I don't care means I ain't working Saturday or xmas eve so hahahaha mofo.

What about mr "I'M GOING OUT"?? lol

Is he getting the pleasure of clean windows?

All you can do is text customers and ask if they are wanting there windows cleaned for Christmas then your see who does or not

No chance. Finish mid afternoon Friday, home, shower, then straight over to my local to get on the lash with everyone in a Fantastic mood.

Not back until the ninth!!

Work to live, not the other way around /emoticons/smile.png

You think anyone will Mind if we work Tuesday the 27th?
I've commented on this before. I did it years ago and felt I was interrupting peoples family time.

Have some quality time off and enjoy yourself, you got the rest of the year for grafting

I never work weekends anyway, saturdays are for family sundays are for me. I would work xmas eve if it were a weekday if i had to but would try to avoid it if possible.

I would feel well awkward cleaning between xmas and new year for regular work, everyones on holiday enjoying a break and windy turns up..booked in jobs are different but i would prefer a week off. i dont work bank holidays for the same reason. Also you have to give yourself a break, christmas is no time to be working.

Theres also no way id be doing next weeks work early because they want it doing for christmas, they can wait, this weeks about winding down for me not going balls out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back