Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Go cardless best thing I've ever done!

CMRwindowcleaning

I've been using go cardless for few months now and I have to say it has to be one of the best things I've ever done in terms of managing my business!

It's basically turned annoying late/non payers into easy pleasent jobs/people that I would have other wise eventually dumped!

Its all round just improved the cash flow in the business and freed up what little space i had left in my little brain to concentrate on other ventures and ideas.

Anyone that's not using it I would deffo recommend jumping on board!

ive been thinking about this 4 a while now, probably a few on here have.

Did you find your ustomers were happy to divulge there details to you.

what charges will you be paying.

Does it go up and dopwn depending on what you get in . How do they deduct charges, Weekly or monthly.

Im going to get customers who have a habbit of forgetting to pay me Bacs. or Paypal. You get fed up of reminding them, You end up dropping them

ive been thinking about this 4 a while now, probably a few on here have.Did you find your ustomers were happy to divulge there details to you.

what charges will you be paying.

Does it go up and dopwn depending on what you get in . How do they deduct charges, Weekly or monthly.

Im going to get customers who have a habbit of forgetting to pay me Bacs. or Paypal. You get fed up of reminding them, You end up dropping them
They automatically deduct the charges from you when they pay you after receiving it from the customers if that makes sense.

They charge you 1% so if you charge customer £10.00 then they take payment and give you a "payout" of £9.90.

You can also claim this back on your tax return.

Some customers are a lot easier to persuade mainly people who understand the internet and the "new way" of doing things.

Some you just have to remind them that it will be better for you both rather than nagging them to pay and them having to bother to log into online banking and make transfer...

Just remind them that they are not giving you there details. They are just allowing you to request payment. They will get email and it leaves them about 4-5 days to cancel payment if any things fishy.

So they enter details and you never actually get to see them so you can't do anything damaging with them.

They only charge 1% which is a lot better than paypal with their 3.4% plus 20 pence for each transaction

Plus once the customer sees that it has the full direct debit guarantee they can't really argue unless they are the type who use stall tactics until they can afford to pay

I've been using go cardless for few months now and I have to say it has to be one of the best things I've ever done in terms of managing my business!
It's basically turned annoying late/non payers into easy pleasent jobs/people that I would have other wise eventually dumped!

Its all round just improved the cash flow in the business and freed up what little space i had left in my little brain to concentrate on other ventures and ideas.

Anyone that's not using it I would deffo recommend jumping on board!
Hi mate I have about 10 custies on Go cardless would love to get more transfered over how did you go about getting more of your customers to sign up.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We are thinking of signing up with GC but how would you truly convince the custy of the benefits of agreeing to sign up?

It's worth signing up either way as it doesn't cost you anything to be a member.

The ones that sign up really don't need to be convinced most of the time and 50% think it's a great idea.

Some others that pay late we send a reminder txt with go cardless details dropped in and they usually end up signing up.

We are thinking of signing up with GC but how would you truly convince the custy of the benefits of agreeing to sign up?

I will be getting them to agree in the new year by telling them I am switching to gocardless to eliminate admin and that is how to pay me

I will give a few months to get everyone switched over and those who don't want to can find another window cleaner

Any new customers only get that as an option or cash on the day

Hi mate I have about 10 custies on Go cardless would love to get more transfered over how did you go about getting more of your customers to sign up.

I haven't got everyone on but what I do now have really is one of three things, people that transfer wishing a day or two, people who pay cash on the day or go careless customers.

I think eventually the way the world is going most of the round will be GC but for now it's being used as a tool that's greatly helped.

Just screenshot the page that shows the direct debit guarantee

That should set their mind at ease

You can use any argument you like not to use it. Including 'oh custys are dubious' oh 'they wont understand' blah blah and on and on.

Fact is it works, transitioning custys to GC is entirely down to you. I know it works as a few of us have done it.

Why do you still think a customer has the right to tell you how they are going to oay you? BECAUSE YOU LET THEM.

The checkout at Tescos does not accept 'oh that's cool pay how you want when you want' They take cash or card. Done!

Why are you so afraid to tell YOUR customers how you want to get paid?

'Oh I dont have a full round so i'll keep the messers till I do' -- with that mentality you're never going to have a full round of decent payers. Messers need to be dropped and move on.

They're messing you about whilst you're trying to build a business and you're still willing to waste time on them instead of canvassing fresh meat or a leaflet drop in the time it takes to do their house? Madness!

'Hello, the price for the windows is X, payment is made through GoCardless'

It's as simple as that.

what is the difference with GC to Direct Debit.

Do you have the power to deduct the ammount from there GC account when you have cleaned there windows from your laptop GC account, or do you still have to wait for them to pay you when they are ready.

GC is a direct debit system.

Once the customer has entered there details Into the system you can deduct an amount from there acccount once you have cleaned the Windows or you can set up recurring weekly, monthly, fortnightly or tailored frequency payments.

I use Gocardless via cleaner planner so only start payment once I have cleaned, thinking of dropping c.planner for George. If I then start Gocardless after every clean by their own dashboard does that mean custy gets an email for their approval after every clean? if that is the case they could still delay payment? or am i wrong. I am also thinking of having Gocardless at a set date at end of cleaning month and telling customers if a clean is missed I would refund them by bank transfer, what do you think? Cleaner planner is good for the Gocardless tie-in but is at a cost.

Passed my mind a few times this cardless thing.

Been thinking of getting them all on a standing order does anyone else have a full round on SO??

Be nice to see all the money in the bank instead of dripping in over the month.earn a fortune on paper never seem to see it joke.

Be nice to see all the money in the bank instead of dripping in over the month
This is a key fact. I have had over £600 in payouts from GC in the past 3 days alone. Makes a big difference to the balance and espically on a week like this.

If still doing cash it would take an age to collect that in.

This is a key fact. I have had over £600 in payouts from GC in the past 3 days alone. Makes a big difference to the balance and espically on a week like this.
If still doing cash it would take an age to collect that in.
Yeah true I get cash if there in some of them anyway.but I can clean say £750 in 3 or 4 days and not see it for weeks I mean how easy do you make it for people to pa sat at home yet still late ....letters have gone out and works but really does my head in.some I do on the day the money is in the bank before I'm home

Back