Alec

Rain Water Collectors

Henry Walters

I haven't got anything set up yet just seeing what i would need to use rainwater. Im likely to get a trolley so probably need the di between rainwater tank and 25 litre containers. Just don't know how to pump it out to the jugs and through the di.

Posh

I have a stocking on the end of my down pipe before it goes into my water butt

In the stocking once a month I put a handful of resin

David K

Interesting !

Does it read 00 then ?

David K

Then go for a pump that runs very slow , Guesssing max 4-5 liters a minute.

I haven't got anything set up yet just seeing what i would need to use rainwater. Im likely to get a trolley so probably need the di between rainwater tank and 25 litre containers. Just don't know how to pump it out to the jugs and through the di.

Henry Walters

Will it be able to do it just from the tank tap and through the di. As it will only be fill 25 litre containers and not go over a long distance to a van?

^^^ good idea if it comes out at 0 tds.

David K

Maybe ! Havent tried that ! If its a large tank i guess the waterpressure would be fine. I would try the trick with the small DI filters at least Then . I Think they come om 1 liter ones . A hose from tank to filter -hose from filter to barrel that Will do .

Will it be able to do it just from the tank tap and through the di. As it will only be fill 25 litre containers and not go over a long distance to a van?

David K

Maybe ! Havent tried that ! If its a large tank i guess the waterpressure would be fine. I would try the trick with the small DI filters at least Then . I Think they come om 1 liter ones . A hose from tank to filter -hose from filter to barrel that Will do .

Posh

Interesting !

Does it read 00 then ?

About 003

David K

Tha

About 003

thats good enough for business !

Im gonna try it out .

Pit Creature
On 07/01/2017 at 16:45, David K said:

Tha

thats good enough for business !

Im gonna try it out .

Have any joy with this?

Ritchie

Saw this at our local allotments , not a bad set up for collecting.

D940A634-2E1C-43CF-BA1A-691EC7E6F2DD.jpeg

Ana

I'd be quite keen to give this a try, we have a garage roof, conservatory and bungalow roof to make better use of, plus these ibc containers are pretty.

would need to strip the garage roof of moss but it's  pretty clean elsewhere. I wonder however how long a tank this size would last for the typical windy? Be worth getting containers in regardless for the free water storage for the garden with summer coming....... soon please soon!