Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DPI & Resolution

windyman

Right,

I'm wanting to upload an image to vista print and make a t-shirt. It's telling me the image is too low res & will print off grainy or blurred.

The image is 72dpi...what dpi do I need for it to print ok? I'm a novice at this stuff so don't know what to do.

Can't find a higher res image.

Thanks.

The larger you make a low resolution image the more blurry it will become. So one thing you could do is reduce the size of the image. Or if it is for your company logo, create it in a high res canvas in photoshop.

Unfortunately if it is a photo, once it has been taken, that is the resolution it is and that is that. You can enlarge it, but the quality will be reduced. Is it your logo that your talking about.

Kind of a hard question to answer with regards to the image resolution you need for a good quality image as I don't know what size your are printing it.

just doing a bit of reading there, 300 dpi is recommended for an A4 Print, but I have a cannon 550d which is a 14 megapixel camera which cost me over £600, and some of those photos are 72 ppi.

72dpi

6574283501_6b5ab30af5_b.jpg

300dpi

6129289135_5b2ddb8690_b.jpg

Windyman, what sort of image is it? Husbands a photographer, he maybe able to help out. Is it something particular? Im pretty sure its 300 dpi for print also

Everytime I try to upload my images to vista print it gives me a message like this, and I just changed my mind and went with a local printer

Thanks lads.

It's not my work logo, I'm wanting to make a t-shirt for a friend, it's the Man v. Food logo (if anyone can find a high res one!).

Will be printed on the front of the chest, so around a5 size I'd say. Would a 72dpi image be very blurred at this size?

Thanks again.

It shouldn't be that bad, I can't imagine it would be that blurry at 72 dpi. You could do a custom one in photoshop with his name or something, but it might take a while.

Back