Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frozen

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
having a mare of a day -4 trying to clean windows my ladders frozen solid which isn't the best start and biggest issue is when applying water by time j go to tane off its frozen solid to glass ! If I can order some ipa help in my bucket and will it make a mess of glass?

Put some anti freeze in it and trad like normal

I'm having the morning off as i am over my cold now but feel wiped out..does mean doing a bit saturday to get back on track but worth it

Tradded for 24 winters and it sometimes isn't fun

Asda do cheap 5l tubs of antifreeze concentrate..a big splash in the bucket should help

I fill my bucket with hot water, then put my applicator in the bucket on the way to first job. By the time I get there, its unfrozen

First job for me today was a trad job. It usually takes me an hour to do. It took just under 2 hours today :eek: -4, my hands were sticking to the ladders it was that cold. The water was freezing on impact. Luckily the woman insists I use her hot water tap for water. I was mopping the window and then blading an icy mess off. I had to keep dunking the applicator in the hot water and rub it all over the glass to warm the glass up so that I could blade it off properly. The woman had to foot the ladder on 3 windows as well because the block paving was slippery.

ladder m8trix really good bit of kit worth getting if only used on the odd occasion.

I fill my bucket with hot water, then put my applicator in the bucket on the way to first job. By the time I get there, its unfrozen
Yeah I had hot water in bucket from house when I got to first job I had soap freezing on glass as I applied it

Maybe time to try some antifreeze and the combinator to get the water off quicker

What you reckon @Den you use them?

The combinator just slota together like about 5 minutes into this vid..by the way the mod paul does is great

The fliq doesn't go on a combinator

[media]

[/media]

Pull the pad off the clips and mount it under the channel if you are gonna use it by hand

It is very stiff at first but once soaking wet and used a few times it is lovely

Pull the pad off the clips and mount it under the channel if you are gonna use it by handIt is very stiff at first but once soaking wet and used a few times it is lovely
I think I'm getting two products confused here I have the fliq I think

Never used the combinator in the sub zero temperature but that sounds like a plan Daveyboy with hot wate.

Latest Posts

Back