Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accountants

Mines £900 in central London. Never had any issues in 20 years, but my misses is always on at me to get a more local one. I'm only a sole trader and simple accounts really. The small company I worked for previously used them so it was just natural for me to go with them too. I just tend to stick with what's good. Be interested to see what others pay though....

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mines £900 in central London. Never had any issues in 20 years, but my misses is always on at me to get a more local one. I'm only a sole trader and simple accounts really. The small company I worked for previously used them so it was just natural for me to go with them too. I just tend to stick with what's good. Be interested to see what others pay though....

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I once paid over 300 for my books doing at the time this was I only had 8k of work in them when I 1st started u sacked them off they just take the ****. ...ring round if u r doing things right like keeping all recipets in per month sections they have nothing really to do

I once paid over 300 for my books doing at the time this was I only had 8k of work in them when I 1st started u sacked them off they just take the ****. ...ring round if u r doing things right like keeping all recipets in per month sections they have nothing really to do
I hand mine a Chinese carton filled with receipts, she can work for her 350 lol

I hand mine a Chinese carton filled with receipts, she can work for her 350 lol
Lol that's fine if that's a fixed price but some wonder why there paying 700 plus for accounts I have 12 envolopes in the van the recipets go non there month by month easy.mine would be more than 80 if I didnt

I do the monthly accounts &keep all receipts in order of month by month and pay the accountant £600 for peace of mind really £12 a week.

£500 a year. I'm happy to pay that. Tenner a week on average. Proper accountancy firm not some bloke in his spare room who the taxman hasn't heard of.

£500 a year. I'm happy to pay that. Tenner a week on average. Proper accountancy firm not some bloke in his spare room who the taxman hasn't heard of.
Haha, taxman doesn't care who your accountant is - they offer practically no protection, especially if you are Sole Trader. You hold all the liability and responsibility, your accountant just fills in the forms and you have to check his work since you're his employer.

ATM i do my own , not bringing enough in to justify an accountant yet, maybe in future. Self assesment, as long as you know what your deadline date is . I got fined around a £100 a couple of years ago, When i first started self employed id go to a company to help me out. She logged in to HMRC , put in all details needed but did not click the comfirm button at the end, for what reason i dont know. I was adamant they had been completed and sent. When i checked there was no print out of my refference code for comfirmation .

I paid the fine. Always print out your receipt from HMRC.

Latest Posts

Back