Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

facebook bizzness page

Not for me tried it hated it ...messers, dossers, cheap broke ass scumbags looking for £4 a house window cleaners.

I don't use social media full stop can't see what it's all about.

If it works for you that's good give it a go.

I have one, use it religiously, it is my main source for new clients. I get no wasters through it and find the higher value jobs through it.

From me to you as a mate however Tenchy if you are going to do it then start using a spell checker, I know you have dyslexia but when I read stuff on social media that is spelled incorrectly or 'text speak' or the likes it comes across as the poster can't be arsed and puts me off quick time.

Well worth doing mate.

thanks darren ill lurn how to use the spell check or get other half to help me reply ive not set it up yet but defo gunna now ::):

It works for me Lee

I haven't used it for a few weeks over xmas but posted on a few groups this evening and got a couple of quotes to do tomorrow now

Give it a go mate

It's the best single tool for online advertising @tench0771

With it you can

*advertise on buy and sell sites

*promote your business (paid advert) on Facebook or boost a status IE a sentence on your page about looking for new customers,or what you offer.

*build a reputation through the reviews ppl leave

*broadcast the variety of work you do

*use it as a method of communication IE the link text from business page on your flier, almost all of my replies came via the fb page and not the landline or mobile on the flier.

*create local work by current customers sharing your business page locally or amidst their friends

*add it to your websites home page

*update customers on time you take off etc or on one off deals for existing customers.

I wouldn't have a clue about Facebook or indeed any social media do you need a personal account before a business account.

I don't want old school people trying to get back in touch after 30 years telling me what they have eaten for tea or pictures of them on holiday. Get lost I want to say

But I do feel a business page would be advantageous for picking up work. My problem is havent the foggiest how to go about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Matt

I don't have a Facebook account but my daughter set a business account up for me through my wife's FB account, three new jobs this week alone. Defo set one up Tench.

I think I'm going to give it a go. Could you guys post a link to your pages so I have an idea what to put on my page.

I know I'm sounding thick but this is totally new to me. Always said no to social networks in the past

I think I'm going to give it a go. Could you guys post a link to your pages so I have an idea what to put on my page.

I know I'm sounding thick but this is totally new to me. Always said no to social networks in the past

You guys are going to hate me!!!

I've set up page @cpm110. But I can't change anything on there.

It didn't ask for a password or anything I was working on it then had to do school run. Came back to bash it out can't edit!! I can view the page but that's itHELP

You guys are going to hate me!!!I've set up page @cpm110. But I can't change anything on there.

It didn't ask for a password or anything I was working on it then had to do school run. Came back to bash it out can't edit!! I can view the page but that's itHELP
Sounds like it's waiting for you to log in bud. Did of not have to set up a personal account first

Just make a personal fb profile

Go to settings

Click add page

Make business page

You must make a page from a personal profile or fb will shut it down

You can't just make a business profile

Job done

Find local swap and sell and community groups with the search function and post on there with the link to your business page

Copy the post before you actually post it and then just paste into each group you are in

Simples

I have decided to take the plunge and set it up. With help from my youngest. Quick search of local sites shows 10.000+ members per site. That's a fantastic coverage on Free advertising. Then there is loads of smaller ones sill with thousands of members.

Note on adverts, minimum charge £10 should weed out the cheep skates.

So many sites I recon I can advertise on two a day just in my town.

Back