Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

just starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andrewdavis

Hi everyone

I'm just starting out in the business after many years working away from home. Can anyone give me some good tips on getting work and running a round starting to canvas for work in the next few weeks once in got some stuff sorted.

Welcome AndrewDavis,

As Chris said, have a quick look around the site at the relevant sections (wfp or traditional, unsure which your primary route is)

As for picking up work, nothing beats knocking on doors & meeting face to face.

I've found Window cleaning very much a personality thing. Online quotes I often get, meeting the client in person always seals the deal. They get a feel for you and vice versa....

Good luck and keep posting [emoji5]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Cheers fellas I'm going to be offering both wfp and traditional as some of the estates near me have rows of house that would be a bit of a nightmare to be running a hose up the small walkways in front of the houses. My background do is in industrial cleaning so I want to offer a wider range of services what would you surest I do in terms of rounds just do once monthly that way I can make time for commercial work?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some offer 1 x 4 weekly or 8 weekly. I'm 5 weekly but wanting to be monthly and you'll get some 2 weekly.

Look at what your trying to achieve and what the customers want and it'll mould into a pattern one way or another m8

Hi and welcome, I still say start out on 3 weekly cleans, it's an easy sell as 2 weeks is too often but 3 is just right, you don't need to find as many custies to start to fill your round and when you are busy and commercial work is coming in you change everyone to 4 weekly and charge an extra £1 as this still works out cheaper for them, every one a winner[emoji106]

8 weekly is ideal imo IF you charge for it.

It will mean you need twice as many customers but should result in more profit long term.

When i first started i went for 4 weekly as its quicker to build regular work but now i always offer the 8 weekly. If you sell it right

£22 8 weekly can sound a bargain over £15 4 weekly.

When i first started i went for 4 weekly as its quicker to build regular work but now i always offer the 8 weekly. If you sell it right

£22 8 weekly can sound a bargain over £15 4 weekly.
That's a very good idea & I've often offered it to clients. an additional 50% charge makes the job very lucrative & the client also makes a saving.

Still getting my head round it really as I'm going from working for a few months to a week or so off then back on it daunting to think I'll be working for myself and if I don't make the money lol I'm going to start with just the basics will be moving to wfp as there's plenty of commercial buildings around. What size pole would you suggest for a 3 story building?

Hi everyone
I'm just starting out in the business after many years working away from home. Can anyone give me some good tips on getting work and running a round starting to canvas for work in the next few weeks once in got some stuff sorted.
Get a bicycle and go door to door set up every two week billed monthly

Back