Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

door canvassers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jay198127

just wondered if anyone has taken on people to canvass doors for them and how do you go about paying them.

*pay by the hour

* commission

* or both

*did you advertise for someone your self.

* is there company's that have canvassers you can go to.

thanks for any help and advice.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tried this for months, ended up with a loads of time wasters and guys who didnt last 5 mins.

I think its a great idea, but pot luck on finding some one.

One of the main problem i came across was gumtree stopping there free ads, now you have to pay for job ads which is rubbish, gumtree was my main source of advertising.

That said i will try again at some point.I offered £8 per hour plus a results based bonus

Now i dont bother i have been using a canvassing company - Kapre Enterprises | Window Cleaning Rounds - Helping you to build and expand your window cleaning round for my canvassing. Its not cheap but they do get quality work very fast with minimum fuss and pays for itself over time.

3 evenings it took them to canvass my last batch! would have taken me forever

Tried this for months, ended up with a loads of time wasters and guys who didnt last 5 mins.

One of the main problem i came across was gumtree stopping there free ads, now you have to pay for job ads which is rubbish, gumtree was my main source of advertising.

That said i will try again at some point.I offered £8 per hour plus a results based bonus

Now i dont bother i have been using a canvassing company - Kapre Enterprises | Window Cleaning Rounds - Helping you to build and expand your window cleaning round for my canvassing. Its not cheap but they do get quality work very fast with minimum fuss and pays for itself over time.

What ROI did you get? Did they reach the target you set for them? Would you use them again.

Cheers

I have an old retired lady working for me hours to suit her (as of when she wants ) self employed we did 5 years of leads @£4 each and a ratio of me pricing them up and booking them in 8 out of 10 . But now after 16 years of running she has been on price work as I haven't got the time to go back so she keeps the first clean or half for every other month . It work well as it tightens you round up . That has allowed me now to sell off rounds and work on one area of a 3 mile radius but that comes with working rounds for years .

So go for retired as it helps at the door when selling the service little old lady awww

And also that generation love work and are more reliable then this generation

What ROI did you get? Did they reach the target you set for them? Would you use them again.
Cheers

Ive used them twice now. Generally takes a few months to break even.

Canvassing is a lottery so its pointless telling you my results long term

thanks for the advice, may look in to the company's you tried.

Like the idea of someone retired and potentially untrained for this. It could quite possibly come across quite genine and personal

Everyone thinks she's my mum at first she prices at a base rate 65p à pain encluding frames and sills and front door for free . Ànd gets the time of day at door where me skin head 6.9 looks like thug at the door lol

I don't do targets as she earns a good rate and sometimes hit good patches and earns solicitor rate sometimes she loves knocking the no canvassing signs as she said to me once them signs are put by hubby's who know there wife will buy anything

She was out knocking on the ²7 the Dec (legend) and needless to say got nearly a full day's work for 1

did you get a good retention rate?

It's irrelevant because that has very little to do with the canvasser and everything to do with the cleaner and the customer.

What I will say is you get what you ask for.

I specified no council and no terraced and thats wha t. You provide the maps and they canvass exactly what you ask for.

Everything else is out of your control.

I could tell you in retained them all or retained very few but it wouldn't have any effect on what your results would be.

You may your money and take a gamble but it terms of pricing and quality of customers they are the best I've used.

It's irrelevant because that has very little to do with the canvasser and everything to do with the cleaner and the customer.
What I will say is you get what you ask for.

I specified no council and no terraced and thats wha t. You provide the maps and they canvass exactly what you ask for.

Everything else is out of your control.

I could tell you in retained them all or retained very few but it wouldn't have any effect on what your results would be.

You may your money and take a gamble but it terms of pricing and quality of customers they are the best I've used.
Thanks for the info, I get your point, but the attitude and tactics of the canvasser surely have an impact on the quality of the customer. But as you say it's mostly down to the cleaner and the customer in the long run.

I've contacted Whizz-bizz and Karpe, I'll have a discussion with both and see what happens. I might try a smaller, say 10k flyer drop at the same time in another area to compare the return. Cheers

Thanks for the info, I get your point, but the attitude and tactics of the canvasser surely have an impact on the quality of the customer. But as you say it's mostly down to the cleaner and the customer in the long run.
I've contacted Whizz-bizz and Karpe, I'll have a discussion with both and see what happens. I might try a smaller, say 10k flyer drop at the same time in another area to compare the return. Cheers
no experience with whizz bizz but I looked up out of interest...I know not everyone will have good experience but there's a guy on you tube with an all out vendetta for whizz bizz wanting his money back reckons got ripped off...thought whizz bizz approach seemed good but seeing other guys videos regarding whizz bizz raised a few alarm bells..

Going back to what I said my retention rate is fantastic you will always get those customers that con you for a one off but that's life . I'd say it's 98% good . I also do people in council houses as you can't cut off nose despite your face . I have many friends that only do high end work but there work is bitty and far between . And anyone who has bad payers gocardless with them . It works better then ever my old girl is amazing I generate around 60 to 100 customers a month . And what I do is canvass my area every 3 months . Iv started now swapping work with other window cleaners to tighten up my own by canvassing there areas building rounds from scratch then 3 months in swapping them which is great as it takes cleaners from your area out .

And going back to good relations to canvasser to customer is **** as she just sells the service I turn up every month do a good job and build up customer satisfaction of been in this job 30 years and know it inside out iv franchised work out put an ad. In local rag hours to suit ring off area on map iv built up a good relationship with canvasser now and pay her as we exchange list I use to do a 10 day turn around . I find leaflet dropping don't work to well . But my advise is to write numbers down on roads that are out then get canvasser to knock those later and leaflet drop on ones you can't catch in . Also my rule is never to undercut a window cleaner I'll only take it on if the quality is poor and if customers leave me on that reason I will not have them back when new guy leaves

Back