Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Veryfied by GC now adding Customers

johnny bravo

After you get veryfied on Go ardless you can now start to set up customers to start to pay etc.

1)How is the best way to start doing this.

I take it you have to fill this bit in yourself, Name , Address, Email, etc. If you send them an email they will get a GC box to fill in there bank details etc for there DD set up.

When they fill in and send off do you get a message With there name on etc to show who its from. Do you then add these details onto there customer data you have on GC

Ive tried putting there GC links on my website, But they wont open for customers to fill in.

Once i have one in the system it should be easier i hope.

If someone can go through start to finish setting up a new customer on your GC site that would be great.

im probably just over thinking it all again, because its all new. and daunting to get customers onto it.

Customer needs to fill out pre-authorisation form with their name and bank details and email address without a reference like first line of address you may not know who it is that has signed up , In the early days before Cleaner Planner partnership and the widget I have on my website I had to email some customers after they signed up as I didn't have a lot of customers full names and had no idea who had signed up not sure if this is still the case .

So if i start to chat to the ustomer about GC, and getting them to sign up, Oh yes thats fine they say. So ill take there name, address , phone number, email address. If they give me there aount + Sort code thats a bonus. Do i just go on my Laptop and fill in there details as a new customer, then will i be able to click on there name after window clean done, then put ammount and press take.

How would i go about putting an App on a phone etc to fill in on customers doorstep.

If they dont want to give me there Bank Details to fill in myself, Is the only option to send an email with the GC link on for them to fill in and await there reply

so i need to know there name + address to connect up to the reply email details to know which customer it is.. Then fill it out in New Customer ,or Add Customer tab

Green pro said he fills all details on his phone sometimes, is there an App i can download to my phone.

Ive sent the mrs a email, my guinnea pig, How do you set the payments up to, request to take for when you do the windows, no specific payment cycle. or day

If your wife has signed up successfully then basically if she were a customer then after you have cleaned the windows you need to sign in to GC then in you dashboard go to customers click on that customer then another page loads in the top right hand corner click the create button then payment from drop down options to request payment .

Its a bit of a chore to do each time but until you get lot of customers on GC then it's not to bad to be honest , Cleaner Planner & GC partnership really becomes effortless when you are requesting multiple payments as I typically wait till I have between 15-30 customers owing on GC then its one click of a button and done .

cleanerplanner.com/pricing

Last edited by a moderator:
wife will not put her bank details down to be my guinnea pig, cheeky t++t, peed me off.

Emailed GC about not being able to copy the Link to add to my website. The link on the bottom of the box with COPY next to it. When clicking on it nothing is happening, ive tried Copying & Pasting but nothing working.

I hope they help me to get it onto site, May be a big help for custys to click onto it.

well ive put myself down different bank account, cheers I.G. done as described, many thanks. ill see how long it takes for payment.

its set up now, lets see how it goes.

Having a dedicated payment page with a clickable direct link to sign up is the best way I have only 6 people at most who didn't want to sign up and they didn't get on my rounds or have been binned for other reasons and that's in almost 3 years now .

had an email today letting me know i have signed up to DD with GC , my other abank account ive used to be a customer, everything looks ok, i now know what the customers will expect when they have signed up. Great that i could take any ammount out of the customers account without them comfirming this ammount first. i only put £2, ill see how long and what % they take. Happy Days.

Just waiting for reply as to why i cant opy link onto my website

It mentions clip board when you click onto it, Clipboard !!

johnny the GC fees are 1% for each transaction so you will be charged £0.02 but if you had a job which was say £1,000 the fee would be fall under the capped amount of £2.00 onwards and upwards mate .

Off the subject as only just remembered ( early onset of dementia) have you still got those S-Max 40 sections I sold you a good while ago .

Thats who you are, yes i use them on a couple of high jobs once a month. Have you plenty of wotk up there, thanks for your help.

Im just waiting for GC to reply to find the reason why i ant opy the Link to my website.

Yes got plenty of work they haven't stopped building houses for a few years now and their is still over 200 to be built .

wife will not put her bank details down to be my guinnea pig, cheeky t++t, peed me off.
Lol.

Very funny:D

If you have trouble getting the Mrs to trust you & sign up, doesn't bode well for you hoping your customers will :whistle:

HaHa, she watches too many fraud programmes on TV , I told her it will be a big help still a big NO. no ones getting my details to Hack into my account, Ye all the couple of hundred quid in it. one custy agreed to it but im still waiting for them to email me 4 details.

we can only give it a go and push it the best i can, im not going to drop any customers if they dont sign up to it. it is there hoie, all custom is someone elses if you do that, atm i have a good customer set up, lots of compact work, i cannot give my ompetitors a chance to get in. some are new build work so a lot of new customers, i have to befreind them atm to keep them on my side. When i get compact rounds with Reliable customers i can then not be so freindly to those i would bin.,

Im sure you know what i mean.

there is a lot of competition where i am. usually around 5 window cleaners canvassing same new builds.

to my customers i have a trusting personality and face, my mrs knows me too well though, I find it looks a bit too easy to take a big chunk of cash from peoples accounts, lots dont even check emails often.

just got an email letting me know that £2 will be coming out of my bank account via GC around 19th jan. and who its going to.

just need to put down what its for, instead of my name. Window Cleaning, etc

i now know what they will be recieving via email etc , let them know they have comfirmation of the ammount being taken out prior to DD from there bank.

Need some advise please, I'm desperate to get my customers onto gocardless, as the vast majority of them are interested ( thankfully) but I'm no tech wizard or nowt like that so what exactly do I have to do to sign them on to it? I will b putting custys on it whist in the doorstep, either getting their details written down from them to put on my gocardless dashboard ( as I have no website ) or asking them to enter them in themselves on a tablet device at the door. As far as I can work out they have to authourize the first payment? ( how do they do this, at the doorstep? Once signed on?) an then after this I can click a button on the gocardless dash, after every clean? Sorry to ask but really don't understand properly how it all works from the off, need someone to explain it all start to finish, bearing in mind I have no website for my business I'd have to do it all from gocardless dashboard. I'm tired of evening collecting as I've been doin it for 20 years now an would like to move into the modern age. Looking forward to getting home after grafting all day an being able to stay home. All help greatly appreciated.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

well rob, im new to this, regarding website if you want a cheap payment option anually go onto Yola, you can make your own, around £17 per year, you have to make it yourself, a bit of typing, a few pics, and a Payment page. have a look. from google.

you may be best getting there email and sending them a link from your GC page. a few have said to me they will go onto my website to fill in there details via the link, but they dont. i dont want to loose any customers because they dont want to use GC , but sometimes a pain collecting especially if owing double.

Back