Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employee profitability

And what he's willing to pay as a wage.
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nope. Pretty much just depends how much profit you want to make a day. What you pay as a wage is irrelevant. Whether you pay minimum wage or 20 quid an hour you still dictate what you require from them. There's plenty of people out there who will graft hard for minimum wage. I was one of them

Nope. Pretty much just depends how much profit you want to make a day. What you pay as a wage is irrelevant. Whether you pay minimum wage or 20 quid an hour you still dictate what you require from them. There's plenty of people out there who will graft hard for minimum wage. I was one of them
I agree that people will graft hard for minimum wage. I too once grafted for £3.30 an hour as an apprentice, I think that's irrelevant though as that's not the point I was making.

Surely you have to take into account what your paying out as a wage when thinking about profit margins, it is an expense after all plus the cost of running the van for the day/week etc.

Well that's how I'd be looking at it anyway.

Ok I thought you were implying if you pay them more they will work harder and turn over more.

What I mean by it depends how much profit you ant to make is simply.

If you would be happy earning 100 a day clear profit per employees and worked out wages and total running costs were 100 then you would need them to turn over 200.

So basically decide how much profit you would be happy with, work out your costs and you have your turnover answer. If you don't think they can turnover that amount then it's not worthwhile to you unless you are prepared to accept a lower profit margins.

I agree that people will graft hard for minimum wage. I too once grafted for £3.30 an hour as an apprentice, I think that's irrelevant though as that's not the point I was making.
Surely you have to take into account what your paying out as a wage when thinking about profit margins, it is an expense after all plus the cost of running the van for the day/week etc.

Well that's how I'd be looking at it anyway.

£3.30 ph lucky man...first job I had was £2.67ph /emoticons/smile.png

£3.30 ph lucky man...first job I had was £2.67ph :)
Ha Ha Ha! I was getting paid £60 per week as a coal man. Now that was graft. Manhandling at least 15 tonnes a day 5 days a week. When we were not carrying it we were shovelling it up off the deck.

All weathers too.

Five years of that and basic training for the Army was a doddle. Reason I raise an eyebrow now when people complain about working in the cold and the rain. I've bee through worse. :) The rest now is easy. :)

Me in middle on left hand lorry. :)

12510488_1684223991822354_5908285109683779922_n.jpg

£3.30 ph lucky man...first job I had was £2.67ph /emoticons/smile.png
Lol, this was only last year at 34 years old lol. Squeezed a 2 year apprenticeship into 9 months. Technically couldn't finish it until I did a minimum of 1 year and 1 day.

Didn't care about the money, I just wanted the qualification. Saved up plenty when in the army and fortunate enough not to have a mortgage.

It has been worked out that to be worthwhile employing someone they need to make you at least 30kpa

That is to be able to cover a fair wage, employee insurance, holiday pay etc etc

So they need to be doing at least £115 a day to break even if averaged out

Latest Posts

Back