• Don't want to see this ad? Register and login to remove it.

Patrick Flaherty

Moerman liquidator 2.0 squeegee

Hi,

New to WC and have been using a Moerman Liquidator 2.0...

The rubber keeps moving in the clips which results in the rubber being of unequal lengths and me having to do more detailing than I expected with this item...

Would be grateful for any ideas as to why and solutions please ?????

I had the same problem with mine and stopped using it.

When it works its brilliant but I had to mess around with mine far too often.

It ended up slowing me down if anything.

I'd manage to get the odd window detailing free but never trusted it enough to not automatically get the microfibre out of my pocket.

Seems like I'd spend the same amount of time looking to see if it worked or not as I would just detailing it.

Chris33    721

Polz n bladez. Check his youtube videos out re this issue..

He pours boiling water over the blue end clips and pressed them tighter on the chanel..thus reducing movement of rubber.

@daveyboy will know where on this forum is the pics of how to put paper clips in each end to also keep the rubber from moving.

What rubber are you using?the moerman rubber is cut much more precise for this blade. I used red rubber bit it was a bit longer I noticed.

Dave B    5,865

@Chris33 that trick with the hot water and end clips is irrelevant now we have version 2.0 clips which are tighter anyway

Putting a bit of paperclip or zip tie in the ends however does make a big difference if you are having issues with lines etc when turning and is essential if using other rubber as it isn't going to be to the same dimensions

The newer clips all grip tighter but i still do it just to be sure it is going nowhere

Bob has recently done a vid on this and cutting rubber

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 2

Chris33    721

I went back to moerman soft and for a week it was great now I'm also getting some lines off it..duno why that is.

It's cut short and windows have plenty slip.

Hi lads,

Thank you for your replies with your experience/tips/video clip....will look at Liquidator later and use your advice to rectify problem.

I have also emailed Moerman tech department and will see what they have to say !!!!!!

Hawke    84
The vid i posted is the best advice as Bob who made it helped design them

Tried this out last week, and definitely helps stop the rubber moving. But I must say found there wasn't much room to insert the pin - the new clips are definitely tighter and if you look you can see a small moulded point inside the channel to hold the rubber in place already.