Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman liquidator 2.0 squeegee

Patrick Flaherty

Hi,

New to WC and have been using a Moerman Liquidator 2.0...

The rubber keeps moving in the clips which results in the rubber being of unequal lengths and me having to do more detailing than I expected with this item...

Would be grateful for any ideas as to why and solutions please ?????

I had the same problem with mine and stopped using it.

When it works its brilliant but I had to mess around with mine far too often.

It ended up slowing me down if anything.

I'd manage to get the odd window detailing free but never trusted it enough to not automatically get the microfibre out of my pocket.

Seems like I'd spend the same amount of time looking to see if it worked or not as I would just detailing it.

Polz n bladez. Check his youtube videos out re this issue..

He pours boiling water over the blue end clips and pressed them tighter on the chanel..thus reducing movement of rubber.

@daveyboy will know where on this forum is the pics of how to put paper clips in each end to also keep the rubber from moving.

What rubber are you using?the moerman rubber is cut much more precise for this blade. I used red rubber bit it was a bit longer I noticed.

@Chris33 that trick with the hot water and end clips is irrelevant now we have version 2.0 clips which are tighter anyway

Putting a bit of paperclip or zip tie in the ends however does make a big difference if you are having issues with lines etc when turning and is essential if using other rubber as it isn't going to be to the same dimensions

The newer clips all grip tighter but i still do it just to be sure it is going nowhere

Bob has recently done a vid on this and cutting rubber

[media]

[/media]

I went back to moerman soft and for a week it was great now I'm also getting some lines off it..duno why that is.

It's cut short and windows have plenty slip.

Hi lads,

Thank you for your replies with your experience/tips/video clip....will look at Liquidator later and use your advice to rectify problem.

I have also emailed Moerman tech department and will see what they have to say !!!!!!

The vid i posted is the best advice as Bob who made it helped design them
Tried this out last week, and definitely helps stop the rubber moving. But I must say found there wasn't much room to insert the pin - the new clips are definitely tighter and if you look you can see a small moulded point inside the channel to hold the rubber in place already.

Actually it was zip ties I went for. It does work, and definitely improves it slightly but there is very little movement with the latest clips - almost perfect! =)

OK guys I had the same problem. I took drastic action as I like the moerman tool. As with the wagtail I drilled a small hole through the centre of the squeegee handle and channel and put a small screw through. I have done this with 10 12 and 14 inch. Does not look bad and problem solved.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That doesn't stop the ends of the rubber pulling forward in the clips which is what causes lines on the turns

The paperclip or zip tie mod stops that and makes sure the rubber doesn't slide about in the channel

ive also put some duct tape on the outside of the channel to stop it slipping if it gets knocked, but that's with an exelerator, I agree with the paperclip, it really is a must to get the best out of it

Think there are two problems giving same result

1/ handle slips along channel pulling rubber to one side . Will try duct tape .

2/ Rubber slipping in channel somewhere . I have some Unger plastic clips if garage is not frozen up will see if they fit and let you know

Think there are two problems giving same result
1/ handle slips along channel pulling rubber to one side . Will try duct tape .

2/ Rubber slipping in channel somewhere . I have some Unger plastic clips if garage is not frozen up will see if they fit and let you know
The duct tape and paperclip will solve any problems, just remember that you need to change your technique a little to get the best out of it, you can't use it like every other squeegee. There are loads of vids on this @daveyboy may have one floating about

I got a liquidator just after Christmas and I cannot handle it at all.Rubber moves, leaves lines and seems to lift and miss bits on the turn. Also hard to get used to how light it is. Feels weird. Don't think it will replace my ettore.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
It does take a little getting used to but once you've cracked it you'll never want to use another squeegee again

Latest Posts

Back