Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your wfp hot water set ups?

Chris33

I've decided I want to run hot water in my 450 litre system.

Would appreciate ideas of how some of you guys are running hot water? There is maybe one or two within 15 miles of me that run hot water...and none of them advertise so.

So I want this system and think it'll be a good selling point too,seeing as I'm also going to be converting a busy trad round by march I think.

Any help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
@Duncs aw we had heavy snow this morning. I must have got two houses done! Got van stripped ready to protekatoke but was o degree so will paint on sunday.

I had two weeks of at Xmas and due to that and this weather I'm quiet a bit behind so will prioritise the moaners and it'll just be very late I guess. Trying not to stress aboot that situation lol.

Did you have snow?

Aye come March it'll be a year since I probs started actually cleaning glass. Been a journey man!

@Poles Apart I find the premier Inn to be quite low market according to visit Scotland..perhaps we can agree on the Balmoral?

nothing here , been really lucky with the weather here bitter cold the day mind.To be honest had more lost days through the summer with rain .We have grafted right through with no problems,Got the heater in the van tonight

@steve garwood will I need a hose reel that handles high temperatures chap?
I never have my water hot, just warm, so standard microbore/minibore is fine.

However, I do have anti torsion hose from my heater to the reel as this takes the first initial warmth.

I also have every connection jubilee cliped tight as warm/hot water will loosen fittings easier than cold /emoticons/smile.png

Kip time now, I'm mullered

heater, gas bottle, hoses, heaters off ebay, smurf put a link on last year regarding the type of heater you will need, around £60, usually the shower type water heaters .

I've also been researching hot water systems. Diesel systems are good as a stand alone as they can be set up with frost protection, and can produce hot on demand. however they seem quite expensive to install and run, and have reliability issues...

gas is cheaper to buy, but doesn't offer frost protection, on hot water on demand, but require ventilation and carrying a gas bottle which can be an issue with some insurers.

Immersion heaters are cheap to fit if you go for a 2kw, a little more expensive if you choose a 3kw as they need an uprated power supply. Running costs seem to be between £2-4 over night which protects your van from frost and supply's you with warm water all day. But can't supply hot water on demand...

I'm going for a 2kw immersion, as I'm mainly aiming to prevent my system freezing on the coldest nights.

I've also been researching hot water systems. Diesel systems are good as a stand alone as they can be set up with frost protection, and can produce hot on demand. however they seem quite expensive to install and run, and have reliability issues...
gas is cheaper to buy, but doesn't offer frost protection, on hot water on demand, but require ventilation and carrying a gas bottle which can be an issue with some insurers.

Immersion heaters are cheap to fit if you go for a 2kw, a little more expensive if you choose a 3kw as they need an uprated power supply. Running costs seem to be between £2-4 over night which protects your van from frost and supply's you with warm water all day. But can't supply hot water on demand...

I'm going for a 2kw immersion, as I'm mainly aiming to prevent my system freezing on the coldest nights.
Any links?

Back