Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop fronts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sean murray

What sort of money is everyone charging for shop fronts. I currently only have one and it's an in and out job every 2 wks. The lad that does the shop fronts on the Main Street doesn't have any on the little side streets. Was going to canvas them. Just not sure about prices on shops.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a hair salon weekly which is one of my best customers.

£1 per window outside . £2 if they are big. £2 per window inside.

Yes. But what I was trying to find out is, do others charge more than their usual hourly rate for commercial properties.
For smaller jobs, I do. If I'm there for five minutes and charge for that only, it doesn't make up for any of the travel time.

I clean quite a few shops from the big chains like topshop,HMV,Miss selfridge etc to smaller inderpendents.

In my opinion cleaning 1 or 2 on there own are often not worth it by the time you drive in to town pay for parking etc you would be better of sticking to your regular work.

You should charge and earn more cleaning commercial.

I have just got one at the moment. Cafe. Every two weeks. In and out. 13 panes and 7 internal panes. €35. Takes just under an hour. Inside is a pain moving tables and dealing with blinds. Has to be done at 7:30 am before opening. Would be worth picking up the outsides of a few on that street.

I have just got one at the moment. Cafe. Every two weeks. In and out. 13 panes and 7 internal panes. €35. Takes just under an hour. Inside is a pain moving tables and dealing with blinds. Has to be done at 7:30 am before opening. Would be worth picking up the outsides of a few on that street.

I charge £1.30 a window big or small, three windys round it up to £4 takes about a minute or two .

same price for insides used to be a £1 per window

roughly and hour a week £60 + each week

Quick related question (ish) how many of you bother doing takeaways ? Worryingly dirty a lot of them ain't they. Worth bothering with or leave well alone. As it would mean finishing work then goin back out once a week or once every 2 weeks when they open ? Cheers

I found take aways a pain in the butt, in fact most shops are a load of faff as far as I'm concerned, moving tables, posters on the glass....[emoji20]

They tie you down if they're every week and ones that involve cooking like cafés etc are minging inside...

I guess if you had a whole Street sewn up AND well priced they could be lucrative

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

I do a few shops and restaurants. I base pricing not just on size of the job but location too. If the shop in question is in the town centre and you have to pay parking - charge more. For others that are easy to access and park, keep them sweet. I do costa every week and get a free coffee when I finish :laugh: also like someone else said, you get residential work from customers seeing you work so they are well worth doing

I do a few shops and restaurants. I base pricing not just on size of the job but location too. If the shop in question is in the town centre and you have to pay parking - charge more. For others that are easy to access and park, keep them sweet. I do costa every week and get a free coffee when I finish :laugh: also like someone else said, you get residential work from customers seeing you work so they are well worth doing
Cheers

Back