paulm

algae / moss removal

paulm

Hi guys what is best to use on roof tiles to remove algae/moss . ?

Iurie

I use mainly wire brush , the cheap one costs £3.99 in Screwfix (pack of two) just enough for a 2-3 bed semi?! Ladders / ladder attachments and other safety equipment costs a lot more and is a must .

This ladder standoff is great to access the roof easily and safely , Bought it from USA lol , probably you can get something similar in here too

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Harris patio brushes work well, however proceed with caution as wire brushes will scratch some tiles quite badly.

Iurie
Harris patio brushes work well, however proceed with caution as wire brushes will scratch some tiles quite badly.

not worse than a jet wash ?! when you wire brush is a bit more visible since is not a consistent result ? at least that's how I see it

Iurie

here is what I use - and thought to be the only "tool" which pays for itself hundred of time in a day job : )

they are ideal for all tile shape n size

paulm
here is what I use - and thought to be the only "tool" which pays for itself hundred of time in a day job : )

Thanks so mu

Iurie

haven't and I don't think I will , it might be good just for a quick sweep may b ?!

every single tile needs to be cleaned properly and is not that easy to get the moss out from the gaps between the tiles , I sometimes use a table knife : )

here is a picture with me : P and the ladder stand-off ( bought from USA ) , the cheap wire brush and the table knife which is in my right pocket lol

5915cb11bf74a_Bitmapinroof-cleaning.jpg.71dfc5583f62d1f7f2c23dba44b64bd6.jpg

Iurie

is a lot easier to clean flat tiles - like in the image below

DSC_0058.JPG.579a37b150d0927b53345a25809bc35d.JPG