Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

algae / moss removal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use mainly wire brush , the cheap one costs £3.99 in Screwfix (pack of two) just enough for a 2-3 bed semi?! Ladders / ladder attachments and other safety equipment costs a lot more and is a must .

This ladder standoff is great to access the roof easily and safely , Bought it from USA lol , probably you can get something similar in here too

Harris patio brushes work well, however proceed with caution as wire brushes will scratch some tiles quite badly.
not worse than a jet wash ?! when you wire brush is a bit more visible since is not a consistent result ? at least that's how I see it

haven't and I don't think I will , it might be good just for a quick sweep may b ?!

every single tile needs to be cleaned properly and is not that easy to get the moss out from the gaps between the tiles , I sometimes use a table knife : )

here is a picture with me : P and the ladder stand-off ( bought from USA ) , the cheap wire brush and the table knife which is in my right pocket lol

Bitmap in roof-cleaning.jpg

Back