Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Clean

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
I've been asked by a regular customer to clean this bungalow roof i've been told to get the job done at my convenience and didn't need a quote- this is a first for me but not complaining- just wandering what your price would be and your method and timeframe this may take you?

just interested to see what others may do with this job in my position

Jake

IMG_4691.JPG IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4696.JPG

Scraper on a Pole. Then hypo mix. At 2-1. As I like instant results. Take the day to do including gutters and the Windows 500 notes.

Depends where u are for price... your a jet washer just get up there and jet wash.. its low, no better job to start off with (you may want a roof ladder?!) it will take no time at all pressure washing, they come clean with one pass... I would agree with the soft Washing if it was high and scarier lol

This isn't a great photo as forgot about doing a before and after till half way through... it took like 20 mins

7ef3dac5d9acea82668a25aa47db3a08.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends where u are for price... your a jet washer just get up there and jet wash.. its low, no better job to start off with (you may want a roof ladder?!) it will take no time at all pressure washing, they come clean with one pass... I would agree with the soft Washing if it was high and scarier lol
This isn't a great photo as forgot about doing a before and after till half way through... it took like 20 mins

7ef3dac5d9acea82668a25aa47db3a08.jpg

I've had my fingers burnt with customers in the past complaining about there lead flashing in valleys of house loose tiles not been accused but I can tell they are insinuating it MAY have been caused by me so this is the reason I have stayed away from her washing roof- I take a bit longer scraper method and either hypo or biocide wash

I've had my fingers burnt with customers in the past complaining about there lead flashing in valleys of house loose tiles not been accused but I can tell they are insinuating it MAY have been caused by me so this is the reason I have stayed away from her washing roof- I take a bit longer scraper method and either hypo or biocide wash
FairPlay... I think with less psi and more Lpm it's ok as easier on their roof but I am getting into soft Washing as I think it's a much better/safer way to clean roof etc for both parties.

I've done a lot of research into softwash over the last year but pushed ahead with my plans to develop window cleaning first. I have seen a lot of companies charging 5-600 for bungalows. If you are looking for chems have you looked at benz softwash they have a lot of info and some ideas on how to get the equipment for low cost. Well worth a view.

I've done a lot of research into softwash over the last year but pushed ahead with my plans to develop window cleaning first. I have seen a lot of companies charging 5-600 for bungalows. If you are looking for chems have you looked at benz softwash they have a lot of info and some ideas on how to get the equipment for low cost. Well worth a view.
Yeah I use the Benz products quite often I'm not just just starting out just like the see others opinions on price range- I'm doing a mix of pressure washing roof cleans gutter cleans etc and I have a small but growing window cleaning round end of the day for me it's about profit- you can be very "busy" cleaning windows but not actually turning that much money after all expenses

I know what you mean, being relatively new to window cleaning (4 month), my round is only very small (about 90 customers) but growing, It has been a steep learning curve and I think this will continue to be so for a good while. My projected outlay on equipment over next few months, is very, very scary but I know I have to invest in myself and equipment in order to accumulate. A lot of my work has been gutter clearing, which is good at this time of year and has kept the wolves from the door.

In fact lets go a step further and discuss a chemical that is flavor of the month for many discussion around at present.

Sodium Hypochlorite.

Now if you take a bottle of neat Hypo the active ingredient is anywhere from 10 - 15%. So if you pour this NEAT onto someones tarmac drive then yes perhaps it may discolor it to some degree, however I have never tried this nor have seen it happen.

Now let's prep a suitable mix for softwashing most surfaces IF hypo is the chosen option.

We start with 25L of 15% --- now we need more than 25L for a good sized surface and a couple of coats so we'll prep it a 3-1 (3 part water 1 part hypo) this gives a total solution of 100L however we have diluted our 15% 4 times over so now our mix has an active ingredient content of 3.25%

Next we use our sprayer to apply the mix to the surface -- SURFACE is the key word here, not to pour it all over somewhere that has nothing to do with the job or waste it and pump gallons into the drains just the surface we are cleaning. So as we have CAREFULLY applied our solution to the surface where we want it there is very minimal run off at all. Happy days.

Now we allow 'dwell' time, however long you feel the mix needs to tackle the job in hand. Once the mix has done it's stuff it's time to rinse off. As we rinse off thoroughly ensuring good coverage to remove any last bits of debris and muck we are going to use at least 5 times the amount of plain water than we did in our original mix. So lets take our 3.25% mix and dilute that by X 5: Answer? 0.65%

Now this 0.65% is assumed on the basis that the 3.25% is still active even though most of it will have no active ingredient left as it will have done it's job and taken care of the muck for you.

0.65% in reality is more likely going to be 0.10% if that. Domestos household bleach is 10x stronger than that with an active Hypo content of 1%.

Would you worry about spilling a bottle of Domestos on the tarmac?

That's how I think of it. There are far too many with the 'OOOOhhhhhh put that near such and such and it will be end of days' however they have not actually done it, they are just reiterating poor third hand information.

If the above sounds a bit harsh well sorry, however I am tired of eggshells lately.

Also with regards to Tarmac, I have used weak Hypo solutions to kill moss on Tarmac with no adverse effects before. If you have made a mes of it it's from getting your mix wrong.

You could always take a cheap and sensible precaution and tarpaulin the tarmac area first.

I'm sounding more hostile by the minute. Not intending to be, just stating my opinions and experiences.

Back