Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from Lanner in Cornwall

J

jamiecornwall

Hiya.

Its good to be here as we are or have all been in the same boat at some time or we will be it feels!

I am starting canvassing on Tuesday, I don't have any customers at all, got lots of business cards and was going to commit to door knocking between 4-8pm most evenings.

I was thinking of turning up with a clip board with my business cards and I have already got a little badge printed with company logo

Do you think I should go wearing black trousers and shirt and shoes or will casual clothes do it?

I will be using traditional window cleaning methods, most are bungalows anyway but not all!

I look forward to your advice

Thanks

Jamie

Welcome Jamie - you will get some great advice from this forum - everybody really helpful.

Welcome Jamie, I think smart, casual and turning up with a clipboard and cards would set the right impression .

Your second name isn't Stevens by any chance? I used to live in lanner now in redruth. Recently had to give up sadly.

Thanks for all your replies. no I am not a Stevens mate.

Why you have to give up Gav?

Welcome to the forum mate,

4pm isnt a good idea. because people still be at work...... people get home at about 17:15 some people get home at 16:45

I canvass from 17:00 to 20:00 /emoticons/smile.png

It works for me...

On sundays u can canvass all day... i would recommend 14:00-20:00

I canvassed today on sunday - i started from 4-8 and i picked up 16 regulars and 1 customer who wants a one off clean /emoticons/tongue.png

Just wear anything.... i just wear joggers... and a hooded top. Casual is fine.

I have a notebook with me.... that i write informatiuon down on when i get a customer /emoticons/smile.png

I have a load of business cards in my pocket.... to hand to the people that say no.... because they could change their mind /emoticons/smile.png

Also...... when people are not in... just puta business card through the letterbox

Good luck mate

Thanks Harunh, thats all very useful info.

Welcome to the forum mate,

4pm isnt a good idea. because people still be at work...... people get home at about 17:15 some people get home at 16:45

I canvass from 17:00 to 20:00 /emoticons/smile.png

It works for me...

On sundays u can canvass all day... i would recommend 14:00-20:00

I canvassed today on sunday - i started from 4-8 and i picked up 16 regulars and 1 customer who wants a one off clean /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just wear anything.... i just wear joggers... and a hooded top. Casual is fine.

I have a notebook with me.... that i write informatiuon down on when i get a customer /emoticons/smile.png

I have a load of business cards in my pocket.... to hand to the people that say no.... because they could change their mind /emoticons/smile.png

Also...... when people are not in... just puta business card through the letterbox

Good luck mate

I'm gonna bin my work pants and jumper with logo, gonna go for trakies and wellies like H he seems to get the jobs /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forums - best of luck.

Always better to over dress than under dress!

Latest Posts

Back