Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

What is the best window cleaning solution?

Guest Michaele

Guest Michaele

I am considering starting a window cleaning service and need to know what is the best cleaning solution to use. I will be using the sponge on squeegee of technique. Some say dish soap and water. Is this good for a professional application?

I am considering starting a window cleaning service and need to know what is the best cleaning solution to use. I will be using the sponge on squeegee of technique. Some say dish soap and water. Is this good for a professional application?

Hi Michaele

I think that dish soup is good that what I use , but one disadvantage of that soap is that it harms your hand's skin apart from that it do great job to the windows.

be sure to replace the rubber for the wiper every 50 windows.

if you clean windows while abseiling use two vacuum suction handles so you can rich to long distance.

for hard dirt use sSwear word!er is most official, cost less in the long run and do the job faster in the short run + no need for water while in use.

try my site:

מנקה חלונות בסנפלינג

We use morning fresh (lemon) the boys say fairy is too harsh on their hands! lol. keep our water as clean as poss as well as our brushes and we never use dirty scrims. not tried with anything else yet but used washing up liquid on my own windows for over 20 years now before i got into w/c with not one streak.

Another tip i picked up somewhere on here was when the rubber on your blade needs changed just take it out and turn it over to make it go that bit further. One of my boys just tried it and couldnt believe he never thought of it before!. Good luck...

Yep two sides to a rubber I always turn them inside out :( I saw some guy he was moaning he was struggling for work he was on a bike with his ladders and dirty old scrim hanging off it,I felt like saying not surprised your struggling I charge double what he does and turning work away as I cant cover it.

Another thing if a customer ask if you want new clean water it is probably a hint that they want you to change it and wash the applicators/mop when you wash your scrims is good idea,clean gear is a must in the cleaning game

Guest harvriddle

We use morning fresh (lemon) the boys say fairy is too harsh on their hands! lol. keep our water as clean as poss as well as our brushes and we never use dirty scrims. not tried with anything else yet but used washing up liquid on my own windows for over 20 years now before i got into w/c with not one streak.

Another tip i picked up somewhere on here was when the rubber on your blade needs changed just take it out and turn it over to make it go that bit further. One of my boys just tried it and couldnt believe he never thought of it before!. Good luck...

I've never thought of that before, too... Pretty good idea :P

If you use different size squeegees, you can use a piece of rubber on a 14", then turn it, then downsize it to 12", then turn it, ... same with 10" and 6" - makes a it last for ages.

Have to say though - new rubber is so much faster, it probably earns you more by changing.

Have you seen the Sorbo squeegees - they make one that has three grooves for the rubber - and they sell a machine for re-cutting an edge onto the rubber, so as you trim it, it gets thinner, and you put it into a higher slot - gives you loads of uses.

very clever

Guest kars

If you use different size squeegees, you can use a piece of rubber on a 14", then turn it, then downsize it to 12", then turn it, ... same with 10" and 6" - makes a it last for ages.

Have to say though - new rubber is so much faster, it probably earns you more by changing.

Have you seen the Sorbo squeegees - they make one that has three grooves for the rubber - and they sell a machine for re-cutting an edge onto the rubber, so as you trim it, it gets thinner, and you put it into a higher slot - gives you loads of uses.

very clever

lovin this idea

Yep two sides to a rubber I always turn them inside out :) I saw some guy he was moaning he was struggling for work he was on a bike with his ladders and dirty old scrim hanging off it,I felt like saying not surprised your struggling I charge double what he does and turning work away as I cant cover it.

Another thing if a customer ask if you want new clean water it is probably a hint that they want you to change it and wash the applicators/mop when you wash your scrims is good idea,clean gear is a must in the cleaning game

Ha ha just re read the start of that and finally got it....:angel::angel:

• 1 month later...

Seriously? Change the rubber every 50windows???

I'd be skint.... I change when it needs changing, if a window is clean and streak free when i'm done, I'm happy. Why change a rubber when it doesn't need to be?

A useful tip, if you get a nick in your rubber, and need to change it, try turning it round in your handle, the nick may not be through the entire surface of the rubber.

can double the life.

• 1 month later...

I've tried a few, and nothing compares to good ole' Blue Dawn dish soap.

On the Stateside forums this is actually heated subject between Dawn / GG4 / etc. But honestly, I'll pick up a 1/2 L bottle of it for $5 USD and it will last me a year!

f it ain't broken, don't fix it, right?

I've tried a few, and nothing compares to good ole' Blue Dawn dish soap.

On the Stateside forums this is actually heated subject between Dawn / GG4 / etc. But honestly, I'll pick up a 1/2 L bottle of it for $5 USD and it will last me a year!

f it ain't broken, don't fix it, right?

sorry but i just dont get what u mean??? thing most of us are talking uk stuff here??

But good to get some different angles on though

Seriously? Change the rubber every 50windows???

I'd be skint.... I change when it needs changing, if a window is clean and streak free when i'm done, I'm happy. Why change a rubber when it doesn't need to be?

A useful tip, if you get a nick in your rubber, and need to change it, try turning it round in your handle, the nick may not be through the entire surface of the rubber.

can double the life.

aye I do this too!! As well as reversing the blade and then trimming them down for smaller squedges.....Am i turning into a aberdonian?????

• 1 month later...
Guest washerman

I really dont understand the whole thing of changing every 50 windows! that means i could be changing every 5 houses i normally change about every 2/3 weeks and never get any complaints and hav been gong 5 years. I do flip the blade though

Im sur ill get slated b some now but like i said i never get any complaints (and i get referals)

• 2 months later...

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.