Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer hasn't paid, what do you do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cuboid

Did some work - £50 and £70 for a rich customer and said haven't sorted bank details out and asked if he could pay later then 8 weeks later did his house and asked him for money from previous 2 jobs plus then time that day. He said oh really., Then said we can talk about the two previous jobs when I see u but could you just pay the £25 for work done yesterday. He said no problem to this, but hasn't paid.

A chippy who did work for him said he hadn't paid all the money to a few people like a bricky etc £300 was owed to him, but said he had always been paid. He said he was shewd, I suspect just a git. He was handed a million pound house and business so is rich.

What do you do?

I can understand that he make think he is being taken advantage of and can't remember the two previous jobs (but they were done!) But why not pay the work for previous day?

court all the way, @Green Pro Clean Ltd did a great thread about it
I did? :eek::eek: Oh yeah, I did /emoticons/smile.png)

Make a court claim for money - GOV.UK

Read through this, ignore all the bumf about mediation, pay the £25 (which you get back in costs anyhow) and sue the numpty.

Send a letter in writing stating he has 7 days to settle the account or you will file the claim first. If he still don't settle sue.

It's your money, he is basically stealing from you if you don't

Do not worry about what the judge will say. I would bet a kidney he settles before the hearing deadline.

Back