Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Late tax return

WCF

Help Support WCF:

N

nico roche

Just remembered I owe tax bill to tune of 150 pounds at end of month. Not to sure if I will be able to get the full amount paid as January been tough month and I've other bills to pay for. Anyone know if you can reschedule the payment or what happens if it's late?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Why are you asking such an important question here?

In the same time it takes you to get random answers from us lot you could have called HMRC and sorted the issue properly and avoid any agro of a late payment.

Honestly matters like this are too important for asking random folks on a forum. Call HMRC they will sort you out. :thumbsup:

Why are you asking such an important question here?
In the same time it takes you to get random answers from us lot you could have called HMRC and sorted the issue properly and avoid any agro of a late payment.

Honestly matters like this are too important for asking random folks on a forum. Call HMRC they will sort you out. :thumbsup:
Just seeing if anyone had same problem before and what to expect. Is that ok with u?

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it all but if I was you I'd go and smash out some work tomorrow (and Monday and Tuesday if you need to) and go and pay it over the counter on Tuesday.

I would say your best solution is to spend tonight posting adds for your service on every facebook/gumtree etc free page then tomorrow every second you have knock doors for work same on Saturday sunday Monday and Tuesday. If you can't get £150 In those 5 days I would be shocked. Then tues afternoon cash goes in bank straight into account. Tuesday night pay tax bill. Sorted

HRMC is like most large companies.

If you make them aware of a payment issue then they will suggest a payment method or agreement.

If you just don't bother to pay or pay it late they will crucify you.

I suggest you do both of the suggestion members have made already - contact HRMC direct and explain AND go smash out as much work as poss and gather as much cash as you can, that way even if you don't quite make all the money up, you will have a back up plan with HRMC

Good luck

Go on the gateway and log in

Go to your tax bill/summary section

Lots of headings you can click on for answers such as this

I have seen something about it on there

If not then phone tomorrow

Just remembered I owe tax bill to tune of 150 pounds at end of month. Not to sure if I will be able to get the full amount paid as January been tough month and I've other bills to pay for. Anyone know if you can reschedule the payment or what happens if it's late?

£150 isn't enough for a LPP (Late Payment Penalty). Pay it within 30 days and they won't even have time to apply interest. You could call and they would allow you an extra 14 days to pay with very little fuss but phone lines are mega busy at this time of year.

I almost forgot to pay mine. I had £150 for class 2 to pay and only paid it the other day.

As for your situation I would beg, steal or preferably borrow the money and get it paid. One bill I wouldn't want to miss is the hrmc.

You can't borrow it of someone or sell something you don't want?

HRMC is like most large companies.If you make them aware of a payment issue then they will suggest a payment method or agreement.

If you just don't bother to pay or pay it late they will crucify you.

I suggest you do both of the suggestion members have made already - contact HRMC direct and explain AND go smash out as much work as poss and gather as much cash as you can, that way even if you don't quite make all the money up, you will have a back up plan with HRMC

Good luck
Spot on with, "like most large companies...". They spend x (massive) amount of money chasing tax dodgers etc. If you come clean, you're actually saving them money. If they push, just specify that you won't agree to an agreement that will damage your credit file due to current economic circumstances and launch an immediate appeal via solicitor. Cost vs benefit.

Better still once you have reached your tax free earning freehold create a robust system where you deduct 25-30% of your weekly earnings and put it into a savings account, that way you will have enough put by to pay your tax/NI bill once you have submitted your tax return.

first of all mate dont panic £150 is not a fortune, they are after bigger fish than you.Have word with your family , brothers

aunty , best mates surely some one can lend you.Little idea for you is to try and get your tax paid early may june then its out your way,

Paying it now this time of year is not the best,no one has cash this time of year.Also **** weather can hit us any time.

In your first couple of years i would buy as much stuff for the business as you can to offset against tax, that way you get a couple of years with little tax to pay and build your business at the same time.

I payed mine last weekend

No problem if you put a bit away each week

Get this one sorted however you need to then make sure you put some away

I do 20% of everything when in reality it should be 29% including ni contributions etc but once you take your tax threshold allowance of 11k in to account you will still have put enough away and usually a nice little holiday left over

Spot on with, "like most large companies...". They spend x (massive) amount of money chasing tax dodgers etc. If you come clean, you're actually saving them money. If they push, just specify that you won't agree to an agreement that will damage your credit file due to current economic circumstances and launch an immediate appeal via solicitor. Cost vs benefit.
Time To Pay agreements with HMRC have no effect on your credit rating. The only way a debt to HMRC will affect your credit rating is if you fail to pay and legal action is taken against you - in most cases only a form of insolvency would actually end up on a credit file.

if u fone them they will ask if u have any belonging u can sell to pay the bill they have zro tollerence on late payment trust me i no as i was £200 short one year lucky i got it in time i only asked if i could maby have a few extra weeks to pay the rest there not very friendly ill tell ya that m8 best thing u can do is borrow it or take a lone to pay it

I've paid months late before when things have been right. (Having submitted my return on time to avoid the fine) they then sent me a bill a few weeks after the deadline. Then when I've gone to pay using the gateway they recalculate and add some interest for my lateness... I'm sure it's probably better to communicate with them if you're going to be very late or if it's a large amount of money tho. I've had letters to say my bill is overdue in the past. Then I paid it.. (touch wood)

Back