Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY / Handy man etc - add on service

Iurie

I was wondering if it worth getting another van and dropping a letter to every customer telling them about my new "service" ? : ) Has nothing to do with cleaning but I get calls from customers to do odd jobs quite often ... and have most of the tools already , all I need is another van and to employ a guy as a carpenter / diy

check my hobby work ive done in the garage : ) beautiful windows built from scratch - the frame and stainglass

IMG_0494.JPG

12890984_1151300211555332_3778201968803146814_o.jpg

1452631307158_1.jpg

DSC_0197.JPG

Think you are being bit optimistic about just dropping few leaflets and employing another guy.

Can you constantly provide the other guy woth enough work? I imagine it will need a huge marketting drive and investment. .

Be easier to buold the window round and employ a guy to do that.

Think you are being bit optimistic about just dropping few leaflets and employing another guy.
Can you constantly provide the other guy woth enough work? I imagine it will need a huge marketting drive and investment. .

Be easier to buold the window round and employ a guy to do that.
yes quite true , will put the idea back on the shelf

Handyman jobs are hard to have an employee on, it's alright if your already built it up yourself and say getting 60 hours a week plus (will take time or alot of money normally).

With handyman jobs with an employee it's hard to make good money as you might only fit 4-6 jobs in a day,

the jobs are never as simple as the person claims, you might need extra bits which means more wasted time even after mark up on products.

Getting skilled, reliable, trustworthy people even at £20 plus can be hard.

I sacked 3 within 2 days as despite lots of apparent experience and qualifications they all did a poo job and i ended up correcting the work.

Would rather train someone if that's an option.

Back