Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional rope training

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I seen some discussion of the old SolarSteve thread has resurfaced. Someone commented that a lot of the work seems to also be factory roof top installations / Sainsburys that sort of place.

His pricing seems horrific but witha bit of the right training you could do these jobs yourself and charge a fair price for you day.

Anyhow back to factory roof installations. I have just come back from two training session with @Taxlossloz , Mike Underwood, @Tony Beddoes and Daniel Goodall where we spent considerable time with the instructor discussing our industry, oir industrys requirements and how to perform those duties whilst staying safe.

It was a very educational two daysand certainly not a cheap one at £450 but at least now I have the knowledge to tackle any roof type situauons with total confidence.

A couple of pics from the trip. Well worth it and just ask of you want to know any more

20170130_165002.jpg

Lastly if you can find @Taxlossloz in this pick you're doing well.

20170130_164410.jpg

20170130_133609.jpg

20170131_110116.jpg

20170131_123503.jpg

20170130_164846.jpg

20170131_140705.jpg

Last year i got offered large solar contract mainly rooftop insulations and cladding from one off the uks largest installers if industrial builds

It was just to large for me to commit to

But i put lot off ground work in before deciding not to regarding rope work and access training with fail arrest and mansafe systems

@Green Pro Clean Ltd pm me if you would like the contact details off the company if you goimg down this route

They may well still have work

Looks like a good course. Seems pricey compared to ipaf stuff though?

Penrith. Lyon Work & Rescue.
Ask for Bill. £440 for 2 day course.
To be fair that's not a bad price for a two day course , Ime lucky as Ime in the fire service so we regularly do this type of training and I get paid to do it , we do quite a bit of abseiling, and mine shaft rescues so use this type of kit regularly , Evan going on a roof with roof ladder we have to use fall arrest and working restraint systems . I don't think it's finanshaly worth buying all the kit as a sole trader though as it all has to be tested annually which is expensive unless you use it a lot it won't pay for its self

I seen some discussion of the old SolarSteve thread has resurfaced. Someone commented that a lot of the work seems to also be factory roof top installations / Sainsburys that sort of place.

His pricing seems horrific but witha bit of the right training you could do these jobs yourself and charge a fair price for you day.

Anyhow back to factory roof installations. I have just come back from two training session with @Taxlossloz , Mike Underwood, @Tony Beddoes and Daniel Goodall where we spent considerable time with the instructor discussing our industry, oir industrys requirements and how to perform those duties whilst staying safe.

It was a very educational two daysand certainly not a cheap one at £450 but at least now I have the knowledge to tackle any roof type situauons with total confidence.

A couple of pics from the trip. Well worth it and just ask of you want to know any more

View attachment 9411

Lastly if you can find @Taxlossloz in this pick you're doing well.

View attachment 9412

View attachment 9406

View attachment 9407

View attachment 9408

View attachment 9409

View attachment 9410
Did this leave you with any rope access qualifications  or was this just a general enlightenment.  

Back